VSPC Sample Usage Report

• 13 December 2022
  • 2 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

One of the first scripts I wrote after I joined Veeam was one that produced a license usage report using the Veeam Availability Console API. Since then, a lot has changed! The product was rebranded to Veeam Service Provider Console (VSPC) and it’s API was greatly updated in a complete rewrite!

That change occurred a couple years ago... As such, it was definitely long overdue for this script to be reworked so it could leverage this amazing new API! This script uses minimal API calls to retrieve current point in time license usage for every company in VSPC. On top of that, if the company is managed by a reseller, reseller information will be included in the output.

Developer’s notes...This script is meant to be a stepping stone as the framework can easily be used in other automations. I tried to keep most of the code modular by design so folks can use the script as-is or take the pieces you need for your custom Veeam integration. It can also serve as a reference on how to use Asynchronous Processing and Pagination which are features built-in to the VSPC REST API.

For more detailed information, please follow the VeeamHub link:

https://github.com/VeeamHub/powershell/tree/master/VSPC-UsageReport

Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like in action:

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Very cool. Will have to take this for a spin. Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great! Thanks for sharing.🤗

Comment