Question

Veeam V12 PostgreSQL Config DB SQL Queries fail

Userlevel 1

Hello,

we are monitoring the customer backups via PRTG.

Till now, we had a SQL Skript, wich got the latest result and reported it to PRTG:

SELECT latest_result FROM bjobs WHERE name = @prtg;

That worked fine with MSSQL Express, but now with PostgreSQL we have to use a PostgreSQL Sensor in PRTG. Thats no problem, but it always failes with: “GSS/SSPI authentication but IntegratedSecurity not enabled” when I try to use the postgres user, or with: 28000: SSPI-Authentication for user Administrator failed”. For debugging I tried to change the access settings in the pg_hba.conf file but nothing seems to work.

Is there a way I can still run queries to the config database? Or do I have to go via the PowerShell Snappin from Veeam?

PS: We don’t use the Enterprise Manager, because you need the Enterprise Plus license for that and our customers don’t have that license.

Thanks alot.

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You need to enable the Integrated Security option within the PSQL server.  I had to do this when setting up an external CentOS box with PSQL on it.  Took some fiddling but I got it working.  Not with PRTG mind you but should help.

Userlevel 1

Hi Chris, i did search for that but couldn’t find anything about that online. Do you have an artikel that describes how to enable IntegratedSecurity?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I don’t have a link, but it has to do with creating a local DB user with the proper roles and permissions to use for any connections to the database.  I am not a PSQL expert and just played around with things.  😂

Hello All, maybe it will be useful for someone with the same issue. We fixed ours by setting up correct method in file: 

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\15\data\pg_hba.conf

our file looks like this: 

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

# "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
local   all             all                                     scram-sha-256
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            scram-sha-256
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 scram-sha-256
# Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the
# replication privilege.
local   replication     all                                     scram-sha-256