Veeam Service Providers - Check Ransomguard

• 18 February 2021
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is a simple oneliner for the MSPs out there if you are needing to check if Ransomguard is enabled for your VCC tenants this will output it on the screen for you from Powershell -

Get-VBRCloudTenant  | sort-object | FT Name, BackupProtectionEnabled, BackupProtectionPeriod

You can also output this to a file that could be emailed as well.

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Chris,

are you talking about the "insider Protection?"

If so, that's the first thing I did when defining a tenant.

Although it makes managing the storage quota assigned to the Tenant difficult.

The tenant may need to delete backup jobs and impact the assigned quota. The Tenant must ask the VCC administrator to manually remove the deleted backups moved to the trash.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, the Insider Protection feature.  This is just a quick way to check all Tenants to see if it is enabled and for how many days.

It has nothing to do with storage management or deleting, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes, the Insider Protection feature.  This is just a quick way to check all Tenants to see if it is enabled and for how many days.

If you activate this feature you have to be careful with what I wrote before

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you activate this feature you have to be careful with what I wrote before

Yes I understand that as I work for an MSP and we enable this all the time.  My one-liner was mainly to show people how to check if it is enabled and for how many days.  Then if need be and storage management is an issue you can turn it off if required.  That is all I was trying to convey and understand the management aspect of it trust me. :smiley:

Comment