Solved

Script for job config

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Does anyone have a script and willing to share that list the Veeam backup job name + it’s start time+ the proxy server name+ it’s repository name.

icon

Best answer by MattM 19 October 2022, 16:27

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have a similar script, but with German text output… I would have to translate it first.

The next start time seems rather difficult to determine. The field for this is empty in the last versions and I haven’t found where it is hidden up to now. And to calculate it you have to analyze the complete scheduling… If someone has an idea for this, I am very interested 😎

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

What we have 99 VM backup jobs (and matching HPe Catalyst Replication job for each backup job)

We backup over 2300 VM’s nightly which these VM’s are spread out over these 99 bkp jobs. Each job is configured to use a dedicated physical backup proxy server and it’s Backup repository and well as it’s Replication repository uses the same proxy. (basically each jobs traffic uses the dedicated proxy)

Each job has it’s own start time. We spread-out job our jobs start time starting a 4p and 12a.

I’m trying to get a report (spreadsheet) that can show me the jobs, start time, finish time, VM’s in the job (w/vm size) the proxy server assigned to the job and the repository for the job.

I think if I had this onfo in a spreadsheet I could see where I have a unbalance in prxy server usage, Job size,etc: that may help in determining use I spread-out my Jobs start time more, Create more backup jobs and thin VM’s in the jobs. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Have a look at this script from VeeamHub, it does not include per-job proxy information, but this should be easy to add.

There is also this script to get a lot more details for each restore point plus some statistics per VM.

Comment