[PowerShell] Get All Backup Repositories Advanced

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
[Array]$RepoList = Get-VBRBackupRepository | Where-Object {$_.Type -ne "SanSnapshotOnly"} 
[Array]$ScaleOuts = Get-VBRBackupRepository -ScaleOut
if ($ScaleOuts) {
foreach ($ScaleOut in $ScaleOuts) {
$Extents = Get-VBRRepositoryExtent -Repository $ScaleOut
foreach ($Extent in $Extents) {
$RepoList = $RepoList + $Extent.repository
}
}
}
$RepoList | Select-Object Name, Path, `
@{Name="CachedTotalSpaceGB"; Expression= {[Math]::Round([Decimal]$_.info.CachedTotalSpace/1GB,2)}}, `
@{Name="CachedFreeSpaceGB"; Expression= {[Math]::Round([Decimal]$_.info.CachedFreeSpace/1GB,2)}} | Format-Table -AutoSize

10 comments

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, 

Update to V11

[Array]$RepoList = Get-VBRBackupRepository | Where-Object {$_.Type -ne "SanSnapshotOnly"} 
if ($ScaleOuts) {
        }
    }
}

$RepoList | Select-Object @{n='Name';e={$_.Name}},@{n='Type';e={$_.type}},  @{n='Path';e={$_.path}}, @{n='Size';e={$_.GetContainer().CachedTotalSpace.InGigabytes}}, @{n='FreeSpace';e={$_.GetContainer().CachedFreeSpace.InGigabytes}}

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello, 

Update to V11

if ($ScaleOuts) {
        }
    }
}

$RepoList | Select-Object @{n='Name';e={$_.Name}},@{n='Type';e={$_.type}},  @{n='Path';e={$_.path}}, @{n='Size';e={$_.GetContainer().CachedTotalSpace.InGigabytes}}, @{n='FreeSpace';e={$_.GetContainer().CachedFreeSpace.InGigabytes}}

Nice work on the update.  Works very well and shows all repos in Veeam. :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Added new powershell part relating to the Repository info for the My veeam Report for version V11

I link the discussion on the forum

My Veeam Report v9.5.1 - Page 4 - Veeam R&D Forums

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Great job Chris, you could implement new options that I have seen that do not work like the Agents, I am not quite good with Powershell, but I have taken some things that do not come out in the report.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Added new powershell part relating to the Repository info for the My veeam Report for version V11

Looking forward to the changes that are be doing to update this entire reporting script to v11.  I  use the v10 all the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Looking forward to the changes that are be doing to update this entire reporting script to v11.  I  use the v10 all the time.

who updates the whole script?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

who updates the whole script?

Chris Arceneux will be updating it as per page 5 of that forum post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

lol , missed to read chris's message :joy: thx

Badge

Hello, 

Update to V11

if ($ScaleOuts) {
        }
    }
}

Has anybody have an idea if the number of files in a repository can be shown as well?

I have been looking for this some time now but I have not yet found it.

regards

Steven

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Has anybody have an idea if the number of files in a repository can be shown as well?

I have been looking for this some time now but I have not yet found it.

regards

Steven

Do you mean like the count of backup files @StevenA  ?

CBackupRepository Objects have the GetBackups() method, and CBackup objects have the GetAllChildrenStorages() method.

You can string these together like so:

PS C:\Users\Administrator> $repo.GetBackups().GetAllChildrenStorages().count

Remove the .count call and you will get an array of Storages (backup files) on a repository.

Note that this is only about what Veeam is aware of; that is, if there are orphaned points not visible in the Veeam UI, this method will not help (no Veeam powershell cmdlet will).

Comment