Automated Upgrade to Veeam Backup & Replication v11

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The PowerShell script to automate the upgrade for Veeam Backup & Replication & Enterprise Manager to v11 is now available on VeeamHub! Here’s a blog post with more detailed information:

https://www.arsano.ninja/2021/03/09/veeam-unattended-upgrade-v11/

If you're a VCSP, the script can also be used for Cloud Connect environment upgrades.

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Impressive script! For what scenarios do you use it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks! I’m not sure I understand the question.

The script is to be executed on servers with Veeam Backup & Replication and/or Enterprise Manager installed. The script detects the software installed and upgrades it to version 11.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Impressive script! For what scenarios do you use it?

if I remember correctly first the EM upgrade is performed and the second step upgrades the VBR.

First of all shutdown all veeam server, cold snapshot then native SQL backup, full app aware backup.

As a friend of mine said, backups are never enough :joy:

Before updating a VCSP-VVC infrastructure I wait 4 months or the first patch released

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks! I’m not sure I understand the question.

The script is to be executed on servers with Veeam Backup & Replication and/or Enterprise Manager installed. The script detects the software installed and upgrades it to version 11.

In which environments do you use this script? Do you use this script to update a all-in-one VRB installation as well?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The script is designed to be used in any scenario where you want to upgrade Veeam Backup & Replication and/or Enterprise Manager to v11.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks @Chris.Arceneaux , never got occasion to work on enterprise version, but you never know :grin:

Comment