Solved

Snapshot Count 0

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I have a question regarding my snapshots. I have created an NFS location profile. The backups all work fine and the disaster recovery policy works without any problems, but strangely when I download a report it says that I should have 0 snapshots on the storage...

also under Data Usage it shows me 0.0B of backups....

But funnily enough, I can restore all applications without any problems and they all show up as "Compliant With Policies".

Here is a screenshot of my test policy:

And here a screenshot of the created folder on the remote storage

I don't quite understand whether I don't understand how this works exactly or whether there is a technical issue here... Would a DR be possible at all in this case? Will the data be properly backed up to the remote storage? 

icon

Best answer by jaiganeshjk 2 August 2022, 10:34

View original

2 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Smugness2774 Thanks for posting the question.

The snapshot count and snapshot data in the report corresponds to the local snapshot (CSI based snapshot created through Volumesnapshot K8s resource or provider snapshots created using K10s direct integration) created by a backup action.

Assuming, you are just running K10 DR policy/Cluster-scoped resource/GVS backup, the data is copied to your object store/NFS and not stored locally as snapshots during backup action. This is not counted as a local snapshot in the reports.

You will be able to find the utilisation of the same under the object store utilisation.

Hope this answers your question.

Userlevel 2

@Smugness2774 Thanks for posting the question.

The snapshot count and snapshot data in the report corresponds to the local snapshot (CSI based snapshot created through Volumesnapshot K8s resource or provider snapshots created using K10s direct integration) created by a backup action.

Assuming, you are just running K10 DR policy/Cluster-scoped resource/GVS backup, the data is copied to your object store/NFS and not stored locally as snapshots during backup action. This is not counted as a local snapshot in the reports.

You will be able to find the utilisation of the same under the object store utilisation.

Hope this answers your question.

Okay thank you very much!

Comment