Question

Issue with creating Location Profile using Azure Storage [Location Option Missing!]

• 7 September 2022
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 1
Badge
Screenshot of K10 instance - “Location” option not available when trying to create new Azure storage in Location Profile (K10 Installed on AKS)  Kasten V5.0.7

After successful installation in a POC environment, I am trying to add a new location profile using Azure Profile. K10 is installed on AKS environment. This issue is definitely not related to Azure storage account since i am able to add the Azure Storage location profile from K10 instance in my lab. Not sure what is going on…

K10 instance on my AKS environment. “Location” option is available. No problem creating Location profile. Kasten V5.0.6

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Screenshot of K10 instance - “Location” option not available when trying to create new Azure storage in Location Profile (K10 Installed on AKS)  Kasten V5.0.7

After successful installation in a POC environment, I am trying to add a new location profile using Azure Profile. K10 is installed on AKS environment. This issue is definitely not related to Azure storage account since i am able to add the Azure Storage location profile from K10 instance in my lab. Not sure what is going on…

K10 instance on my AKS environment. “Location” option is available. No problem creating Location profile. Kasten V5.0.6

You don’t need to specify the location any more as it is specified when you create the storage account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just to highlight, since 5.0.7 you need to create the container/bucket in advance before you create the location profile. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

It just doesn’t allow me to proceed. With no error messages. Purely stating “Please correct the problems above”. No issue on 5.0.6

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @nantheless 

Thank you contacting Kasten by Veeam support.

Checking on our side regarding the location on Azure profile from 5.0.7, will update as soon as possible.

Regards

Fernando

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @nantheless 

There is a bug in the UI on 5.0.7 regarding Azure storage location profile and will be fixed in the next release.

For now if you are using 5.0.7 you can create your location profile using CLI, but keep in mind that from 5.0.7 the bucket (container on azure storage) must be created before creating the location profile on K10:

1. Create a secret with the credentials:
    kubectl create secret generic k10-azurestorage-secret \
    --namespace kasten-io \
    --type secrets.kanister.io/azure \
    --from-literal=azure_storage_account_id=AZURE_STORAGE_ACCOUNT_NAME \
    --from-literal=azure_storage_key=AZURE_STORAGE_KEY
  2. Create an yaml for the profile: (replace PROFILE_NAME,BUCKET_NAME and region)
    cat <<EOF >>azure-profile.yaml
    apiVersion: config.kio.kasten.io/v1alpha1
    kind: Profile
    metadata:
    generation: 2
    name: PROFILE_NAME
    namespace: kasten-io
    spec:
    locationSpec:
    credential:
    secret:
    apiVersion: v1
    kind: secret
    name: k10-azurestorage-secret
    namespace: kasten-io
    secretType: AzStorageAccount
    objectStore:
    name: BUCKET_NAME
    objectStoreType: AZ
    region: West US 3
    EOF
  3. Apply the yaml:
    kubectl apply -f azure-profile.yaml

After that you can check on your dashboard if the profile is created.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards

Fernando R.

Comment