Question

import policies on "dr" site fail and go to "failed" state

Userlevel 3

good day, we have 2 pairs (main and dr site) of OpenShift 4 clustes. K10 (5.5) is installed everywhere. In the dr sites we have import policies running on a daily base. Everyday I find lots of the import policies in “failed” state with error “Empty receive string in policy parameters. params: [object Object]”.

In the corresponding backup and export policies on the main sites, I don’t see the “Show import details” button. I click on “revalidate”, button appears, I get the string, which I copy in the import policies. They become green.

But the day after it happens again. How can I troubleshoot and avoid that? Thanks!

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jaiganeshjk 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

hi @tinto.1970 , Thanks for posting your question here.

I understand that there is a problem with the policies. This usually happens when the secret that has the migration token is deleted. By re-validating, K10 policy controller recreates/finds that secret and add a reference in the profile. 
This could also happen if you manually edit the policy to remove the migrationToken/receiveString fields.

Do you know if there is something that deletes this secrets or edit the policies  ? Do you use ArgoCD or any gitOps tools to sync your policy ?

Userlevel 3

yes, we are using ArgoCD to automatically create policies (and to recreate them in case of accidentally deletione and so on...)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Even this is a weird behaviour for ArgoCD as we had earlier tested with the same and we did not come across this issue.

We did not support policies being created with gitops until 5.5 major release of k10. So we started supporting it very recently.

Can you confirm if you are using any specific sync-options with ArgoCD ?

I can test it for you from my side as well. 

Comment