Solved

By default k10 can not see the restore point when user delete the namespace unexpected directly.

Userlevel 1

By default k10 can not see the restore point when user delete the namespace unexpected directly.

Kasten should retain the namespace info. Otherwise user should create the namespace firstly before restore appications from export data.

# What do you expect k10 should do?

Even user delete the namespace directly, k10 can still see the applications restore points.

# Your Kubernetes Version

v1.21.12

# k10 version in your environment

version 4.5.14

# CSI info

ceph-csi rbdplugin

# What's your Location Profile

s3 compatible (minio)

icon

Best answer by Aly Idriss 15 May 2022, 10:39

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi,

if you filtered the application to choose the remove apps you will list all removed application with all restore points and you can directly restore. 

BR

Ali

It’s a weird ,  I must create the same namespace could find the  application. If I create the different namespace name  , I cound find the restore points.  Or if I want to restore whole k8s environment , maybe I don’t remember all of namespace name. So my question

1. If I want to restore different namespace namesapace and all  applications, how Can I do ? 
  2. if I want to restore all k8s cluster environment ?   

OK, I konw the reason about  first question , need add sidecar parameters, I could restore the applicartion and namespace . 

--set injectKanisterSidecar.enabled=true \

--set injectKanisterSidecar.namespaceSelector.matchLabels.name=<Value> 

--set-string injectKanisterSidecar.namespaceSelector.matchLabels.k10/injectKanisterSidecar=true 

Comment