Solved

adding S3 compatible failed

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All,

I am creating new profile on Kasten 4.5.9 from Nutanix S3, and I am facing the below error:

Error:
{"message":"Failed to validate profile location","function":"kasten.io/k10/kio/configcontroller/profile.validateProfile","linenumber":56,"file":"kasten.io/k10/kio/configcontroller/profile/profile_validation.go:56","cause":{"message":"Could not get profile bucket","function":"kasten.io/k10/kio/configcontroller/profile.checkLocationObjectStore","linenumber":333,"file":"kasten.io/k10/kio/configcontroller/profile/profile_validation.go:333","fields":[{"name":"bucket","value":"backup"}],"cause":{"message":"failed to get bucket backup: Container, getting the bucket location: IllegalLocationConstraintException: Attempting to access a bucket from a different region than where the bucket exists.\n\tstatus code: 400, request id: 210000+3157+134355+110117, host id: 210000+3157+134355+110117"}}}

the same bucket I added to kasten 2.5.12 and it working perfectly, 

please you kindly advice

regards,

Ali Idriss

icon

Best answer by Aly Idriss 8 March 2022, 19:19

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello Ali,

Thank you for using our k10 community.

Please as I replied in the K10 case you opened with us, I would like to ask you to check and make sure the permissions on S3 side are correctly set and please could you also provide us there (k10 case) the S3 profile's yaml so we can check the parameters, since 2.5.12 there were many changes in the code/workflow, so we need more details to try to find out the issue.

Regards

Fernando R.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

To update this topic, the issue is resolved after we upgrade kasten to 4.5.10. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Updates Guys about this case,

The issue was from Nutanix not from Kasten, the issue was from the endpoint, they were using the subdomain endpoint, after they used the correct endpoint it worked fine.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The issue was from Nutanix not from Kasten, the issue was from the endpoint, they were using the subdomain endpoint, after they used the correct endpoint it worked fine.

this is the correct resolution of this case. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thank you for the update Aly.

Comment