What do you like on Veeam B&R?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just a question really simple…

What do you like most about Veeam Backup & Replication?

What is the main feature on Veeam that completely drive you crazy?

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good question @wolff.mateus! For me I think either SureBackup or Instant Recovery! When I’m talking to customers and demo these features, the confidence they have after seeing validated backups is astounding! And Instant Recovery has delivered some crazily short recovery times!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, Instant Recovery is a hot feature. Many customers are astonished how fast even a big VM with a size of several TB is usable again.

I like the storage integration to backup a whole partitiion via snapshot without much burden for the storage system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Killer features are SureBackup and  Multi Instant Recovery fore sure! Soon Immutability :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good question @wolff.mateus! For me I think either SureBackup or Instant Recovery! When I’m talking to customers and demo these features, the confidence they have after seeing validated backups is astounding! And Instant Recovery has delivered some crazily short recovery times!

Instant VM recovery is soo nice! We will have NAS instant recovery on #Veeam11, won't we?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Killer features are SureBackup and  Multi Instant Recovery fore sure! Soon Immutability :)

Immutabilty on Linux respository it’ll be hte silver bullet in a few months, I bet it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good question @wolff.mateus! For me I think either SureBackup or Instant Recovery! When I’m talking to customers and demo these features, the confidence they have after seeing validated backups is astounding! And Instant Recovery has delivered some crazily short recovery times!

Instant VM recovery is soo nice! We will have NAS instant recovery on #Veeam11, won't we?

Yep! And Instant SQL, can’t wait to see how they work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Instant SQL is an interesting feature, too :grin:

And for the second part of @wolff.mateus question:

I get crazy everytime I have to exclude some disks of a vm from backup. The list is cryptic and you have to double check in vCenter to selct the sorrect one… This could be easier when there were VMDK naes show in the VEEAM dialog...

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

SureBackup, SureReplica, and Virtual Lab sandbox to be very specifc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Well these are no features but what I like most is the stability of the product and the technical support we receive. I would give up some features but I never would like to trade in those two. Besides that, the one feature I love is Instant Recovery; booting systems from the backup storage is always amazing for anyone new to Veeam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

To name just one: its quality!

Userlevel 4

It just works and it works well

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

amazing:

Virtual Lab: patch testing, dev app etc, work on the real production environment to make critical changes

Instant Recovery

Storage Snapshot

SureBackup

SureReplica

Storage immutability

Veeam validator!

Comment