VSPC V5 cumulative patch 3 released

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Cumulative path 3 of Veeam Service Provider Console (VSPC) V5 was released last week.

Anton says in his weekly digest:

“[It] addresses a critical issue which may cause a backup encryption password to be reset. If you're managing Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows with VSPC and have backup encryption enabled, then you need to install this patch and re-enter the password. This is required because the original encryption password can be reset by the automatic policy resync task which is started after you upgrade to version 5.
To help you with locating agent jobs that need to have their encryption password set again, with the patch installed we show a failed job session for all affected backup agents, so don't be surprised when you see those. After applying a new password, you will need to rerun all affected backup jobs.”

You can download the patch here:
https://www.veeam.com/kb4163

7 comments

Hi, 

After VSPC patch 3 update , we are noticing many endpointmanagement agent shows password incorrect . any others has similar issue ? No encryption enabled before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing.  One program I need to start looking in to for us and hope to very soon.

I don’t normally post about patches, but this one has been a real bear.

A warning to everyone reading, PLEASE think long and hard about the full ramifications of this patch before applying.  For me it’s been more than one day re-keying encryption keys.

At this point, my old backups don’t restore either.  But that’s 2 tests out of about ~150, so it’s not a sure thing.

I have a case already.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@JMeixner : Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Service Provider Part in the digest is written by Vitaly, not Anton :)

Hi @Mildur ,
oh, you are right, thank you for correcting this.

I apologize to Vitaliy…. :pray_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@JMeixner , thx for sharing, I wil probably install the patch this week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The Service Provider Part in the digest is written by Vitaly, not Anton :)

Comment