Solved

VMCE Exam

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

As we’re getting close to the end of the year, I’m curious if anyone has heard anything about a new VMCE exam. I passed the 2021 in Dec last yr. From my recollection, I thought the exam only lasts 1yr. But, if there’s not a new exam, or is severely close to being released at the end of the yr, isn’t that cutting it a bit too close for those of us who need/want to renew?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by haslund 10 October 2022, 15:29

View original

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @coolsport00,

The certification never expires, so nothing to worry about. The next exam will be when the next major version of the availability suite is released, in this case v12. So expect a new exam next year 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah was going to say it looks like next year now for the v12 one.  Looking forward to that one when it comes out. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Fantastic. Thanks for the info Rasmus! So I guess that was a bit of a change from what was shared when we went through the pilot? I thought it stated you had to renew each yr or you expire. Maybe it was stated it would have to be renewed for each new release & I just missed it? Or, it was expected you all would be releasing new versions each yr thus the ‘need to renew each yr’ thing? I don’t remember...I’m old & it was over 2yrs ago 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey!

The certification doesn’t expire, they just retire the older versions after a newer version is available. I passed my VMCE 2021 in June 2021, so that’s over a year old but still showing as active, and my VMCA 2022 I passed in September 2021, so again, over 1 year, but that’s still showing as active as well.

I haven’t heard about a new exam yet, I’d be surprised if we saw a VMCE 2022 at this point as the training seems to come out 3 months after the release of the next version of VBR, which if that dropped today we’re still looking at January 2023 for the certification.

In summary, you should be fine for a while 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@coolsport00 The exams don’t expire but as a partner you needed to stay current with the VMCE exams. I think you’ve had 1 year after the new exam was published to renew/upgrade. As VMCE2020 and VMCE2021 were released in a rather short cycle, it looked like you had to go for the exam every year.

I’m personally thankfull that there isn’t a VMCE2022 yet 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yeah, I’m glad too. I generally don’t like taking exams toward the end of the yr. I do most of my studying/exam taking generally in the Spring (beginning of yr I hit studying/reviewing/etc hard). Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah, I’m glad too. I generally don’t like taking exams toward the end of the yr. I do most of my studying/exam taking generally in the Spring (beginning of yr I hit studying/reviewing/etc hard). Thanks!

Same here but I am going to temp to renew my VCP now that I have the courses done via Stanly. Just need to link them to my main VMware account for certs. 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Is the VCP updated yet? Or are you just not current of the latest? I think that one is still a ‘2021 version’ as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is the VCP updated yet? Or are you just not current of the latest? I think that one is still a ‘2021 version’ as well.

I am not current last one was 6.0 for me so going for the 2022 version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yeah...I just checked. It’s still the same exam version as the one I took Apr 2021. Since they just shared in Aug they’re releasing vSphere 8, as with Veeam, I assume there will be no new exam until early 2023. So it appears I’ll be good through the holidays 🙂🌲

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This always reminds me that I have to tackle the VCAP to get out if the VCP wheel 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This always reminds me that I have to tackle the VCAP to get out if the VCP wheel 😁

Yeah VCAP is next after VCP for me. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Same here but I am going to temp to renew my VCP now that I have the courses done via Stanly. Just need to link them to my main VMware account for certs. 😜

Good to see Stanly is still doing the courses.  VMware changed the way that all worked for a bit I think but then reverted back on personally paid courses?  Anyhow, I did my VCP6 through them...only wished it was the 6.5 material.  I suppose I’m probably due to re-up as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am not current last one was 6.0 for me so going for the 2022 version.

An upgrade of the exam should be sufficient! One should be able to take some trainings online and perform some tests as well. Instead of having to retake the entire exam…. 

Comment