VeeamON Update: What was your favourite announcement/tip/trick/thought?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For me my favourite either had to be:

@falkob’s Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 sizing guidelines (that trick with using the first two characters of the object ID was awesome!)

Or the nine keys to better BC/DR with @vmiss33 & Jason Buffington

Missed out? Watch now: Select Region - VeeamOn Update

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I think the slide about Immutability at every level of backup was one of the best things. Ransomware protection to the next level. 😂

I Agree @Chris.Childerhose 

I think by now, you need to make all backups immutable.
This will be the new security standard required by customers and data centers.
Unfortunately ransomware threats have increased exponentially in the last two years.
It is necessary to defend the external perimeter of the infrastructure and don't forget to defend your data backups also inside the infra/server farm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I still have to watch the recordings, because I was on-premises on the Benelux Veeam Unplugged VeeamON Update event. Dinner - drinks - networking - info from Veeam Benelux and session of Danny Allen and afterwards the new James Bond movie in the Kinepolis cinema! What a movie !!! I would recommended watching this movie.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

“Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 sizing guidelines” are gold!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I think the slide about Immutability at every level of backup was one of the best things. Ransomware protection to the next level. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I am excited about Microsoft 365 backup. That is going to be a fantastic service to have available as we continue to migrate customers to Veeam. I was also excited to learn about the Disaster Recovery Orchestrator and Veeam lab. I want to leverage that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I am excited about Microsoft 365 backup. That is going to be a fantastic service to have available as we continue to migrate customers to Veeam. I was also excited to learn about the Disaster Recovery Orchestrator and Veeam lab. I want to leverage that.

It’s a shame that Disaster Recovery Orchestrator isn’t compatible with Cloud Connect as I see huge potential in partnering service providers that see and face these problems daily being able to help tailor the customer’s DR experience to what they truly need.

That’s a good point. That should definitely be brought up on the R&D forum, for sure. I think that would definitely be something they’d be interested in adding. I am really hoping for a “force retention” or “run retention at the beginning of the backup” function to be added to VBR. That would be a life saver if you ever run out of space due to a miscalculation or a retention issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also @falkob with his O365 tips also. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It’s a shame that Disaster Recovery Orchestrator isn’t compatible with Cloud Connect as I see huge potential in partnering service providers that see and face these problems daily being able to help tailor the customer’s DR experience to what they truly need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That’s a good point. That should definitely be brought up on the R&D forum, for sure. I think that would definitely be something they’d be interested in adding. I am really hoping for a “force retention” or “run retention at the beginning of the backup” function to be added to VBR. That would be a life saver if you ever run out of space due to a miscalculation or a retention issue.

Yes working for an MSP this would be huge and a benefit to us since we have a very large VCC footprint.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

My favorite announcement was Veeam Backup for RHV. Although I don’t have a use case for it, it’s always great to see the introduction of new plattforms, and in that case a new hypervisor.

And because of VeeamON Update I’ve found “Tripp and Tyler”; their youtube videos are great  :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I still have to watch the recordings, because I was on-premises on the Benelux Veeam Unplugged VeeamON Update event. Dinner - drinks - networking - info from Veeam Benelux and session of Danny Allen and afterwards the new James Bond movie in the Kinepolis cinema! What a movie !!! I would recommended watching this movie.

Yes it was a great movie 🍿

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

My favorite announcement was Veeam Backup for RHV. Although I don’t have a use case for it, it’s always great to see the introduction of new plattforms, and in that case a new hypervisor.

And because of VeeamON Update I’ve found “Tripp and Tyler”; their youtube videos are great  :joy:

Approved!

Comment