Veeam Backup & Replication v11

• 28 January 2021
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Dear Veeam Technical Community,

By now, I’m sure you are all aware of the planned launch of the next major release of our flagship solution Veeam Availability Suite v11 on the 24th of February (Click on the link to set up a reminder to join the launch event).

In the meantime, I’d like to collect a list of any specific topics that you would like to see any deep-dive technical contents from Veeam for, either in the form of blog posts here on the community hub, or on our  frequent Veeam product webinars etc, in order for you to understand the new Veeam products and  solutions or their key capabilities better?

Can you please share your asks via comments?  To get you started, I’m guessing the below V11 specific topics would be of interest?

• Continuous Data Protection
  • Immutability via secure Linux repository
  • Veeam agent for MAC
  • Archive Tier with Scale Out Backup Repository
  • Estimating AWS Glacier and Glacier Deep Archive consumption costs with Veeam Cloud Tier
  • How to set up Google Cloud Storage 

Also note that it doesn’t need to be limited to only the new features from v11 and can include previously available features that aren’t well known / understood as well.

Veeam Systems Engineers, including those in my team are regularly involved in creating and delivering these type of content to our customers and our technical community. So your feedback on the key topics for us to focus on would be very valuable so that we can make sure we prepare the appropriate content to benefit you all. 

Thanks

Chan Ekanayake

Systems Engineering Manager (UK&I) - Veeam

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Chan!

One thing I’d like to see more about is the requirements surrounding Instant SQL Recovery and Instant NAS recovery. It’s be good to see how it works in action so we know the most suitable use cases to apply it to.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I’d like to see a demo of a File Share backup job of a NETAPP CIFS share using NETAPP snapshots.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Instant SQL recovery and Agent for MacOS interests me the most.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Instant SQL recovery and Agent for MacOS interests me the most.

+1 for the agent for macOS; I have absolutely no knowledge on Apple devices, but it will sure be useful to integrate those devices in Veeam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would like to see

• Immutability via secure Linux repository
  • Estimating AWS Glacier and Glacier Deep Archive consumption costs with Veeam Cloud Tier
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks all for the feedback - Some great input and suggestions.

If you have any more, please keep adding them via the comments

Comment