Solved

veeam backup and replication 11.0.1.1261

• 10 November 2021
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 2

Good day,

I am new to veeam and just installed veeam backup and replication 11.0.1.1261. when i connect to the server i am getting the error which reads “Failed to connect to Veeam Backup & Replication server: Remoting Channel Sink UriNotPublished. RequestUri is ‘/VeeamClientUpdateService’”

Can you advise what could cause this problem

Kind regards

Sibusiso

icon

Best answer by vNote42 10 November 2021, 14:14

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You guys were spot on, re-downloaded the previous version and upon install it did some update and now i’m in. Thank you for the feedback.

Thanks for the update!

Another glorious day for the community! :joy:

Userlevel 2

You guys were spot on, re-downloaded the previous version and upon install it did some update and now i’m in. Thank you for the feedback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks guys for the feedback:

1 No i am connecting from my Desktop and the veeam services are running

2 Yes this is a clean new server

Something to note, my colleage installed the version 11.0.0.837 (which isn’t installing on my computer) on his desktop and he is able to connect to the server and when i check the services running and registry properties we seem to have same thing but my version 11.0.1.1261 i am getting this error

Regards

Sibusiso

I guess when you use the same version for the console on your desktop as the server version of VBR, you will get no error any more. :grin:

Yeah definitely sounds like a mismatch in versions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I guess when you use the same version for the console on your desktop as the server version of VBR, you will get no error any more. :grin:

Userlevel 2

Thanks guys for the feedback:

1 No i am connecting from my Desktop and the veeam services are running

2 Yes this is a clean new server

Something to note, my colleage installed the version 11.0.0.837 (which isn’t installing on my computer) on his desktop and he is able to connect to the server and when i check the services running and registry properties we seem to have same thing but my version 11.0.1.1261 i am getting this error

Regards

Sibusiso

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

In addition:

1. Check firewall on that machine
  1. Just wait a few minutes and try again, services need time to start.​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did you change any default ports during installation?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/install_vbr_service_ports.html?ver=110

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Excellent advice by @JMeixner. Usually, this is because not all Veeam services have started yet. So as suggested, let’s eliminate network/firewall issues by checking locally from the Veeam Backup Server.

If the same issue (or maybe you are already trying from the local backup server), then let me ask:

• Is this a clean new server without any other services/applications?

It could be Veeam services can’t start because something else is already listening on the ports.

Maybe check Windows event log on the backup server and let us know of any errors discovered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you trying to connect from the same machine?

Have you checked if the Veeam services are running? If not, are there some messages in the windows logs?

Comment