Solved

V11 Backup And Replication Community Edition

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Will The New Version Of “V11 Backup And Replication Community Edition” Be Released This Week?

icon

Best answer by wolff.mateus 23 February 2021, 12:08

View original

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think so - the community edition is the “normal” product without a license...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Veeam have said the v10 licenses work on v11 so no reason why not and Veeam haven’t communicated anything to indicate they’d restrict it. It’s still the same code so no technical reason why not. Just remember if you’re planning to upgrade day one on community edition you won’t have any support from Veeam as you need to pay for support, you’ll need to raise it on forums and hope for a response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I think tomorrow it'll be available for download. 
On v10 release we had access to community version on the same day of his launch.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Veeam have said the v10 licenses work on v11 so no reason why not and Veeam haven’t communicated anything to indicate they’d restrict it. It’s still the same code so no technical reason why not. Just remember if you’re planning to upgrade day one on community edition you won’t have any support from Veeam as you need to pay for support, you’ll need to raise it on forums and hope for a response.

Community Edition gets support, but on a best effort basis :-) If there is some major bug found from a Community Edition User, then Veeam will be surely interested in the launch window to know about them.

Page 4 - https://www.veeam.com/veeam_software_support_policy_ds.pdf

And the R&D Forum is theoretically no support forum :D But people can go there to get help. If posting a technical issue, they have to add their Case Number from the already openend Support Case.

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/rules-of-posting-about-errors-or-technical-issues-t755.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Community Edition gets support, but on a best effort basis :-) If there is some major bug found from a Community Edition User, then Veeam will be surely interested in the launch window to know about them.

Page 4 - https://www.veeam.com/veeam_software_support_policy_ds.pdf

And the R&D Forum is theoretically no support forum :D But people can go there to get help. If posting a technical issue, they have to add their Case Number from the already openend Support Case.

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/rules-of-posting-about-errors-or-technical-issues-t755.html

Hi Mildur,

It depends on your definition of support as I was referring to:

”We do not provide phone support for Community, Free or NFR licensed products. Email support is provided on a best-effort basis depending on staff availability, but there are no response goals or response guarantees for this service” from that document.

The lack of any SLA or phone support means whilst they will try, they can’t guarantee a response, without any mention of priority.

You’re absolutely right you could raise on R&D forums or even here for additional attention if it’s a serious issue but it still doesn’t guarantee a response.

Since any IT partners aren’t allowed to touch a community edition installation either it’s definitely a calculated risk to do a day one upgrade in a production environment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Since any IT partners aren’t allowed to touch a community edition installation either it’s definitely a calculated risk to do a day one upgrade in a production environment.

Thanks for explanation further. Guaranteed Support is crucial for a serious and professional business. 

I’m completely on your site with this one. My Account Manager Team is well informed about the limitations of Community Edition for offering services. 🙂 We have banned the name “Veeam Community Edition” from our mind :D

My Plan is to offer each customer at least the Enterprise Edition (or VUL Business Essentials). Small or big companies, I don’t make a difference. There are features like SureBackup Job, which are important to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for explanation further. Guaranteed Support is crucial for a serious and professional business. 

I’m completely on your site with this one. My Account Manager Team is well informed about the limitations of Community Edition for offering services. 🙂 We have banned the name “Veeam Community Edition” from our mind :D

My Plan is to offer each customer at least the Enterprise Edition (or VUL Business Essentials). Small or big companies, I don’t make a difference. There are features like SureBackup Job, which are important to use.

YES! 100% agree, won’t do less than Enterprise here for exactly the same feature! (Plus WAN accelerator to our VCC offering). Can’t offer 3-2-1-1-0 protection without the 0!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I often call the standard edition “light edition”, as it lacks of many crucial features; SureBackup, full tape support, full application support,… :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello All,

Here is the reference link for the New Veeam Backup v.11 version comparison.

Full feature comparison Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE
(Veeam Backup & Replication v11, Veeam ONE v11)

Full feature comparison Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux
(Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, Veeam Agent for Linux, Veeam Agent for Mac)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @NicOWulf!

That’s here what you want:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

From the What’s New document:

Community Edition

• Now with even more features — The updated v11 Community Edition includes all new v11 features and enhancements except those few tagged with the special licensing requirements. It also benefits from the NAS backup license weight change, now allowing protection of over 5 TB of NAS data with the free license — with the first 500 GB of data per file share not consuming the license at all.

Support Community Edition by upgrading to Veeam Backup Essentials if possible! The subscription costs less than a dinner in a fancy restaurant while giving you access to ALL features and 24/7 customer support! Such conversions help us continue offering enterprise-class data protection for free to those who truly can’t afford it

https://www.veeam.com/veeam_backup_11_0_whats_new_wn.pdf

Comment