Two unmanaged Windows Agents shown as one

Userlevel 1
  • New Here
  • 4 comments

Hi everybody,

I am not yet an expert on Veeam B&R but today something happened that is driving me crazy.
I have a server on which I have installed Veeam B&R CE and two Windows 10 PCs on which I have installed Veeam Agent CE. I directly configured the two Agents (PC1 and PC2) to back up to the Veeam B&R repository on the server. Connecting to the B&R console on the server I noticed that only one Agent appeared in the Physical Infrastructure in Unmanaged.

I repeated the procedure many times and I noticed that appears only the name of the first PC that is connected to the server.

Until recently, the names of both PCs were shown in Physical Infrastructure!

How is it possible?

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What does the license overview say? Are there one or two agents shown?

This view is there in CE, too. Click top left on the screen the menu and select license.

Are the agents installed in client or in server mode?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@DrT , how did you install the agents on the pc’s? Manually, not by using a protection group with those 2 ip-addresses or AD-objects or DNS-names in it and deployed the agent through VBR? That’s the preferred way. Then you can create a general job in VBR and not needed to setup everything on the client.

Userlevel 1

What does the license overview say? Are there one or two agents shown?

This view is there in CE, too. Click top left on the screen the menu and select license.

Are the agents installed in client or in server mode?

In the license windows is shown only one Agent. What do you mean with “client or server mode”?

Userlevel 1

I don’t understand why two Agents, 2 PCs, are shown as 1. In the license window in B&R I’ve changed the only Agent license I can see from Workstation to Server. Then I checked the license status directly on the two Agents and on both the license had been changed from Workstation to Server.

Userlevel 1

@DrT , how did you install the agents on the pc’s? Manually, not by using a protection group with those 2 ip-addresses or AD-objects or DNS-names in it and deployed the agent through VBR? That’s the preferred way. Then you can create a general job in VBR and not needed to setup everything on the client.

I’ve installed the agents manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Mhh, you installed the agent manually on each of your computer?

Did you create a backup job on each computer and did each send some data to the VBR server?

For standalone agents see the information here
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agentforwindows/userguide/installation_process.html?ver=50

For sever controlled agents see the information here
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/agents/introduction.html?ver=110

Userlevel 1

Mhh, you installed the agent manually on each of your computer?

Yes.

Did you create a backup job on each computer and did each send some data to the VBR server?

Yes.

For standalone agents see the information here
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agentforwindows/userguide/installation_process.html?ver=50

Already done but the problem persists.

Comment