Solved

Tape Media Set Naming – Configuring Variables

• 16 November 2022
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello,
we want to change the naming of the media sets in our tape media pools and encountered a situation with the available variables.

Our goal is to include date and time in the media set name in format ”yyyymmdd_hh:mm”

The variable %date% gives date and time in the format “dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm” (ok, the date format is based on the system locale). But we cannot change the system locale for this…. 🙁

With the variables %year%, %month%, %day% and %time% it should be possible to build a date_time string in the desired format. But unfortunately, the value of the %month% variable is the name of the month, not the number

Does someone have an idea or a trick how to get the number of the month? Are the variables configurable? Just asking all the experts here before opening a support ticket. 😎

Documentation mentions nothing about this…
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/backup/90/vsphere/add_media_pool_set.html

Please forget my question 😂😂😂

You should look at the documentation for the correct version…
V11 documentation mentions another variable: %monthnumeric%
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/media_set_names.html?ver=110

I will use this 😎

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 17 November 2022, 16:14

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad you figured that out and found it in the help pages. 😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

😎 yes, just look at the correct site….

My fist search gave me the VBR 9 documentation, not the VBR 11 one….

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Nice. Didn’t know we could use variables. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Works like a charm with the “new” variables 😎

Definition in the media pool:

Tapes in the media pool. Two with the old media set naming and two with the new one.

The only possible problem is that the number for the days in month 1 - 9 and for the months january - september is with one digit only and not with two digits (01, 02,….).

We will see… 😏

Comment