Solved

Slow VBO restore

• 22 October 2021
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi guys

One of our customer hosts VBO on a Azure VM with managed disk as backup repository. Not the best practice and most cost efficient, but customer started with VBO v2 :)

To the problem: Customer tries to restore a sharepoint site of 50GB with many files. The restore performance is quite bad around 3MB/s with bottleneck shown as source.

Are we hitting against Microsoft limitation? CPU and disk on VBO VM is low during the hole restore time. Also tried with SSD as managed disk without any effect.

Sincerely

Daniel

icon

Best answer by Mildur 22 October 2021, 16:01

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have they got auxiliary accounts set up? SharePoint API access is per user throttled so auxiliary accounts can help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Have they got auxiliary accounts set up? SharePoint API access is per user throttled so auxiliary accounts can help!

This accounts are only used for backup jobs. Not for the restore process. 

I recommend to take a look at the VBO Log files. If microsoft has limited your access, then you can see that in the logs:

C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This accounts are only used for backup jobs. Not for the restore process. 

I recommend to take a look at the VBO Log files. If microsoft has limited your access, then you can see that in the logs:

C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365

Whoops, good spot! And good shout on the logs, if nothing is evidenced in the logs for throttling then I’d be interested to know the Azure VM sizing, region etc, to start to understand other potential bottleneck points.

Comment