Solved

RPO

Userlevel 2

Is it possible to report on a clients Recovery Point Objective?

icon

Best answer by haslund 30 March 2021, 16:07

View original

16 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Absolutely, you can use the “Protected VMs” report in Veeam ONE. The report helps you identify which VMs in your environment function without proper protection and make sure the existing backups and replicas meet established RPO requirements:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/reporter/images/protected_vms_01.png

Please check out the documentation here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/reporter/protected_vms.html?ver=110

Userlevel 2

Thank you for the response. Veeam ONE is an additional license beyond our Veeam Backup and Replication license, is that correct ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you for the response. Veeam ONE is an additional license beyond our Veeam Backup and Replication license, is that correct?

That is correct. Are you looking to monitor the RPO of a backup job or a backup copy job?

Userlevel 2

A backup job.

Will Veeam ONE community edition work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

How many instances/virtual machines are you looking to monitor?

Userlevel 2

Without counting about 50.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Then the community edition is not enough. This edition is for up to 10 instances.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are you licensed as Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Backup Essentials? If you’ve got Backup Essentials then Veeam One comes with the product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just would also like to add. A bit more information on the scenario could help here.

Some clients are happy to just have an email of every successful backup to gauge their RPO as an estimate. This could be done via the email notifications of a job.

Depending on the resources available someone achieved something similar with PowerShell here.

I mentioned above about Veeam One being bundled in Veeam Backup Essentials in case your client is licensed that way. Veeam One is a great solution with many more features than just that single report but hopefully one of these solutions will help or otherwise more context would help us steer you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you for the response. Veeam ONE is an additional license beyond our Veeam Backup and Replication license, is that correct ?

yes. Veeam ONE is Another License.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I'd try to use a script for that. We are having prolbems with the Protected VM report in VeeamOne for months now and support was not able to solve it. So if you want something reliable, use a script.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I'd try to use a script for that. We are having prolbems with the Protected VM report in VeeamOne for months now and support was not able to solve it. So if you want something reliable, use a script.

What is happening when you’re using the report vs expected behaviour?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Most of the days Veeam One is missing the latest restore point. 1200 of 1400 VM have outdated RP then. The latest jobs are in the Veeam One DB, but not the RP for the VM's. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Ralf: Could you share the support case #?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Sure, 04626386. Maybe it’s our environment, but since I’m (again) working with Veeam One I’d to put more effort in keeping it running than it helps me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Veeam One is the tool you are looking for. 

Comment