Solved

RMAN plugin

Show first post

32 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @bynalbant ,
are you using the brtools for backup of the SAP database? Or are you doing a “pure” RMAN backup?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@JMeixner We do not use brtools. rman plugin is successful enough, we don't need an extra copy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Just found this thread now. We had to leverage this with a customer. I like the fact that scheduling and job control is in the hands of the Oracle DBA. I was disappointed to see that backup copy jobs to cloud connect are not supported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I could be mistaken but I think you can put them in normal backup copy jobs not just to cloud connect.

Quick check of V11 docs and it looks to be there for sure now. Again I think we did see that before but.. being a cloud connect provider 🙂 did not help much. It would be interesting to find out they have not done that yet.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/plugins/backup_copy.html?ver=110

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

As far as I know is RAC not supported by the Veeam Explorer for Oracle.

It works, it was a problem the account selected didn’t have SYSASM priveleges.

Now everything is working great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello guys,

what is your restoration strategy with rman on rac cluster? Are you using Oracle explorer or only rman cli?

I’m struggling to use the Oracle Explorer with rman, unfortunetaly explorer doesn’t seem able to write on asm group. I opened a ticket on support, we will see.

Obviously ASM is not seen by OS only by app.

ASM path is correctly shown in metadata backup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As far as I know is RAC not supported by the Veeam Explorer for Oracle.

Comment