Solved

Restore guest file to file share

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello everybody!

I’m doing a restore guest file and I notice this message:

Yeah! I’m trying to restore theses files directly on a file share path and I almost sure that it was possible without to mount to console option.

What you think about it?

icon

Best answer by haslund 11 August 2022, 18:34

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Does that share have permissions that might restrict the Veeam Instance from saving to it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Start file level recovery and open backup browser select copy to option and instead of choosing the path to a local folder type in the UNC path to the desired file share.

I think this should work?

any issues with mounting to the local console btw?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Start file level recovery and open backup browser select copy to option and instead of choosing the path to a local folder type in the UNC path to the desired file share.

I think this should work?

any issues with mounting to the local console btw?

No, mount to console it’s an option too.

But you right, if I use the UNC path its work perfectly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The problem is probably that a network drive is only mounted in your user session. So while you can browse it locally, the mount server can't access this drive remotely. With mount to console on the other hand, this would have worked, in my opinion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The problem is probably that a network drive is only mounted in your user session. So while you can browse it locally, the mount server can't access this drive remotely. With mount to console on the other hand, this would have worked, in my opinion.

This is the way (for Network drives).

Comment