New book - Dell VxRail System Design and Best Practices

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I am happy to announce that my new book “Dell VxRail System Design and Best Practices” is available to pre-order on the amazon website now. This book contains the different topics, e.g. Veeam. You can pre-order at the link below if you are interested. Thanks to @Rick Vanover@NikolaPejkova approved me to join the Vanguard program in 2019, then I can learn the knowledge of Veeam products from this great community. And also thanks to @Chris.Childerhose recommendation for this book. This book will publish in Jan 2023.

Table of Contents of this book:

• Overview of VxRail Appliance 7.x System
  • Benefits of Hyperconverged Infrastructure
  • Design of vSAN Storage Policies
  • Design of vCenter Server
  • Design of Cluster Expansion
  • Design of vSAN 2-Node Cluster on VxRail
  • Design of Stretched Cluster on VxRail
  • Design of VxRail with SRM
  • Design of RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines on VxRail
  • Design of VxRail with Veeam Backup 👈

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1804617709/

21 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Awesome to see your book @victorwu completed and the Veeam chapter. Enjoyed chatting about what to put in the book Veeam related.  Congrats 🥳

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Awesome to see your book @victorwu completed and the Veeam chapter. Enjoyed chatting about what to put in the book Veeam related.  Congrats 🥳

@Chris.Childerhose Your suggestion is very important for my book.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congrats!

In my company, we deploy VXRail infrastructures and backup them with Veeam.
Vxrail is based on vSan so I supposed you recommanded to used:

• Virtual Proxies
  • One Proxie per host if necessary
  • DRS rules to stick each proxy to its hosts

In this way, data is read locally from the node without useless network traffic consumption.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Awesome to see your book @victorwu completed and the Veeam chapter. Enjoyed chatting about what to put in the book Veeam related.  Congrats 🥳

@Chris.Childerhose Your suggestion is very important for my book.

It was my pleasure. Hopefully you sell many of them. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congrats!

In my company, we deploy VXRail infrastructures and backup them with Veeam.
Vxrail is based on vSan so I supposed you recommanded to used:

• Virtual Proxies
  • One Proxie per host if necessary
  • DRS rules to stick each proxy to its hosts

In this way, data is read locally from the node without useless network traffic consumption.

@Stabz Yes, it is the best practice.😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congratulations @victorwu !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congrats @victorwu 

Wondering have some time to start reading it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congratulations @victorwu !

@dips Thank you!😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congrats @victorwu 

Wondering have some time to start reading it!

@HunterLAFR Thanks, enjoy it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ll have to check this out.  I haven’t found the right customer yet for Rail, but maybe I just need to know more about it first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’ll have to check this out.  I haven’t found the right customer yet for Rail, but maybe I just need to know more about it first.

@dloseke This book discusses the architecture and design of VxRail system in the 1st and 2nd sections. The last section contains the data recovery solutions, you can find the useful information in this book.^^ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dlosekeThis book discusses the architecture and design of VxRail system in the 1st and 2nd sections. The last section contains the data recovery solutions, you can find the useful information in this book.^^ 

I have it (and @Chris.Childerhose’s book) in my cart…

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dlosekeThis book discusses the architecture and design of VxRail system in the 1st and 2nd sections. The last section contains the data recovery solutions, you can find the useful information in this book.^^ 

I have it (and @Chris.Childerhose’s book) in my cart…

Woohoo - thanks Derek.  Book planning to start tomorrow with Packt as a meeting is schedule for book 3. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Woohoo - thanks Derek.  Book planning to start tomorrow with Packt as a meeting is schedule for book 3. 😎

@Chris.Childerhose Great to hear this good news. The title is Veeam v12?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.ChilderhoseGreat to hear this good news. The title is Veeam v12?

It will be Mastering Third Edition probably. Know more tomorrow. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chris.Childerhose Anything can I help you? ^^

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.ChilderhoseAnything can I help you? ^^

I will keep you posted 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Awesome @victorwu … 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Awesome @victorwu … 

@Inder Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Veeamazing achievement, @victorwu! We are super proud of another #VeeamVanguard delivering something so time and knowledge demanding as a whole book!!💪 Thank you for including @Veeam topic in one of the chapters!! 💯

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Congratz @victorwu and thank you for sharing such great topics in a book 👏 

Comment