NetApp Ontap versions supported by Veeam VBR V11

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,
I am looking for the NetApp Ontap versions supported by Veeam VBR V11.

In the V11 release notes Ontap version 9.8 is mentioned as supported as the newest version. But what is the oldest supported version? I am not able to find it at the moment… :weary:  it is too warm probably….

Does anyone in community know this?

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @JMeixner , I'm not working with NetApp but I just checked the user guide and it looks more extensive:

NetApp FAS/AFF, FlexArray (V-Series), ONTAP Edge/Select/Cloud VSA and FAS OEM (Fujitsu ETERNUS HX/AX, IBM N series and Lenovo DM series)

• NFS, Fibre Channel or iSCSI connectivity
  • ONTAP 7-mode versions 8.2 up to 8.2.5
  • ONTAP cluster-mode versions 8.3 up to 9.8
  • MetroCluster is supported
  • ONTAP features application-aware data management and SVM-DR are not supported
  • NetApp Synchronous SnapMirror is not supported

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/system_requirements.html?ver=110

I hope it helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @JMeixner , I'm not working with NetApp but I just checked the user guide and it looks more extensive:

NetApp FAS/AFF, FlexArray (V-Series), ONTAP Edge/Select/Cloud VSA and FAS OEM (Fujitsu ETERNUS HX/AX, IBM N series and Lenovo DM series)

• NFS, Fibre Channel or iSCSI connectivity
  • ONTAP 7-mode versions 8.2 up to 8.2.5
  • ONTAP cluster-mode versions 8.3 up to 9.8
  • MetroCluster is supported
  • ONTAP features application-aware data management and SVM-DR are not supported
  • NetApp Synchronous SnapMirror is not supported

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/system_requirements.html?ver=110

I hope it helps

When in doubt check the great help guides. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thank you @regnor and @Chris.Childerhose ,

as I said, it is too warm today. I just didn’t find it. :thumbsup_tone2::sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you @regnor and @Chris.Childerhose ,

as I said, it is too warm today. I just didn’t find it. :thumbsup_tone2::sunglasses:

That and it is Friday. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

😏 that's true….

But with this community you can get the needed info even on these days when you are not able to read… 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I do understand you; sometimes you can look as much as you want and still not find what you're looking for 😅

Comment