Is your Veeam Cloud Connect Provider Still Not Using Veeam 11?

Userlevel 1

We are being told by our Veeam Cloud Connect Provider, Global Data Vault, that we still can’t upgrade to Veeam 11 since there are still bugs in the Cloud Director services.  We are also being told that No other Cloud Connect Providers are on Veeam 11 yet because Veeam is telling them not to be until these problems are fixed.

Are you hearing the same thing, or if you have Veeam 11 and have no issue with your Cloud Connect Provider, how long have they been compatible with version 11 and who is that Vendor?

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Duke979 , myself I’m responsable for the Veeam Cloud Connect as an MSP. We are running VCC version 11 already from the beginning. It’s necessary to go head as an MSP because otherwise the tenants cannot upgrade to a newer version (otherwise the backup-job to the VCC can be broken). It can be that your MSP has reasons to do that (they are using Cloud Director as you mention, I’m not), so it depends on the MSP I think how fast they upgrade to a newer version. As an MSP we are getting the newest version of VBR/VCC sooner than GA is available to the customers, so an MSP can upgrade sooner and being ready for their tenants.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We are doing that too.

Normally, i wait 2-3 weeks with the installation of the new build. A bit of safety, if there will be unknown bugs. But we never wait to long for the cloud connect environment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We are upgrading now and almost done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We’re also offering VCC v11 to our customers, iI’ve not heard of this communication from Veeam however there may be an environment specific issue they’re not telling you about!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We utilise VCC and our provider upgraded to version 11 as soon as it was GA. They did have to apply a patch shortly after upgrading but we experienced no issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Duke979 , please close the answer if your question has been answered correctlyas required. Thx ;-)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Duke979 , myself I’m responsable for the Veeam Cloud Connect as an MSP. We are running VCC version 11 already from the beginning. It’s necessary to go head as an MSP because otherwise the tenants cannot upgrade to a newer version (otherwise the backup-job to the VCC can be broken). It can be that your MSP has reasons to do that (they are using Cloud Director as you mention, I’m not), so it depends on the MSP I think how fast they upgrade to a newer version. As an MSP we are getting the newest version of VBR/VCC sooner than GA is available to the customers, so an MSP can upgrade sooner and being ready for their tenants.

I’m not sure if they are using Cloud Director or not, I just know we contract with GDV to provide Cloud Backup Storage and Disaster Recovery Capability to run our backups from their cloud if needed.  Our sales rep with GDV told us, and I quote, “Due to the bugs in Veeam 11, Veeam is telling ALL Cloud Connect Providers to delay upgrading to 11 until the issue has been successfully patched.  There shouldn’t be any other Vendor utilizing 11 according to Veeam.”

By looking at the comments from the community responses, this statement was apparently a lie, trying to shift blame onto Veeam instead of owning they are the ones with issues with Veeam 11.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Duke979 there are a definitely a variety of reasons for VCSPs to hold off and not go at GA time but responsibility to customers is a factor as well. I’ll say that we will be done upgrading today here.

Comment