Solved

How to get list or history of patch installed for Veeam Backup and Replication

Userlevel 2

As part of the audit findings, the auditor is looking for the history or evidence that Veeam Backup and Replication were being patch regularly.

Is there a way I can extract this?

icon

Best answer by bb5890 23 March 2022, 10:25

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

At least for the installed main version you can list all updates.

Settings → System → Apps & Features. Then search for Veeam and sort over install date (I have a screenshot in German language only). Unfortunately no version numbers are  shown...

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

i think there is no audit out of the box for your specific installation.

You can check the general patch history here: https://www.veeam.com/kb2680

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @avescasio, in the past I’ve primarily seen auditors interested that the operating system is being patched periodically, which would be defined by your patching system. As Veeam don’t have a fixed release schedule, like Microsoft’s second Tuesday of the month for example, it would be more important to evidence the system is up to date.

As @bb5890 said, you haven’t got an out of box audit, I’d suggest tracking this via any internal ticketing systems you may have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

At least for the installed main version you can list all updates.

Settings → System → Apps & Features. Then search for Veeam and sort over install date (I have a screenshot in German language only). Unfortunately no version numbers are  shown...

Just to remember that on the old Control Panel you can still see the number version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You also can use PowerShell to get an information about programs. Look for this:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product | where vendor -eq 'Veeam Software Group GmbH' | select Name, Version

It is resulting a simple table like that:

You are not able to see the tracking of patches would you like to see. But you can check if all Veeam programs are in the latest update version acording KB2680.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You also can use PowerShell to get an information about programs. Look for this:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product | where vendor -eq 'Veeam Software Group GmbH' | select Name, Version

You are not able to see the tracking of patches would you like to see. But you can check if all Veeam programs are in the latest update version acording KB2680.

Love seeing PowerShell to get information. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Fine, this is a good Powershell query.

But then you have to know that e.g. Veeam Distribution Service in version 11.0.1.1265 is Veeam Backup and Replication Version 11a Patchlevel P20220302. You cannot query this level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Fine, this is a good Powershell query.

But then you have to know that e.g. Veeam Distribution Service in version 11.0.1.1265 is Veeam Backup and Replication Version 11a Patchlevel P20220302. You cannot query this level.

Yeah! Is only possible to see the version, not the build.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Excellent, I was about sharing some DISM and PowerShell commands. But then we also have a recommended solution.

Comment