Fun Friday: What has been your favourite feature ever from Veeam?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Happy Friday! Decided to post this early in the day this time.

As per the subject, what is your favourite feature Veeam have ever introduced? This can be across any Veeam product and from any version!

For me, it has to be SureBackup. The ability to automate backup validation takes you from “it should work” to “it WILL work”. And you can’t put a price on the amount of sleep I never lost from worrying about the backups 😉

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

To me it is not just one feature as that is hard to pick.  I would have to say 11a in general with all the amazing improvements made backups are faster.  :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This is easy, it is the “Browse” button:joy:

… thanks @Egor Yakovlev 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

… joking aside

Instant recovery and Hardened Repository are my favorites!  :thumbsup_tone3:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

For me it’s “it-works-so-sysadmin-can-sleep-at-night” feature :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great question @MicoolPaul ! For me it’s not a real specific feature but the way Veeam works : the portability !!! Everything you need is included in the backup-files. You can setup a VBR community, import your backup-files and can begin to restore. Not needed to restore your backup-server, database, … before being able to restore after a disaster.

That functionality may never change!!! That’s one of the biggest strenghts of Veeam next to a lot of other strenghts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

For me it‘s the linux hardened repo. It‘s so simple, but very effective.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

For me it’s Instant Recovery (of anything) + SureBackup; those two features are just great and always amaze our customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have two options in my mind.

Immutability on Linux repositories and SureBackup.

Need I chose only one?

:sweat_smile:

my favourite feature I would say REPLICAS

sounds pretty basic, but without them my life would become a nightmare,

as simple as, if you don’t have a HA environment, it just simple add that feature replicating the critical servers (of course you get a high RPO depending on the time between replicas) but the RTO still being low!

#replicaslove

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Instant Recovery
  • Hardened repo
  • SureBackup
  • Agentless for VM

Comment