Fun Friday: Depressing Friday Facts!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Happy Friday everyone!

Thats right, this Friday I’m gonna share a fact that will likely make you sigh 😩

• Did you know Christmas is only 26 weeks away? We’re halfway there again! Everyone start your Christmas shopping if you celebrate it 😆
  • If you’re in the Northern Hemisphere, the summer solstice took place earlier this week, meaning every day is now slightly less bright, inversely if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere, you’re through the darkest day of the year now and things are looking up!
  • The curiosity Mars Rover sang happy birthday to itself one year after landing on Mars, making it officially the loneliest known birthday celebration.
  • At some point your parents picked you up, put you down, and never picked you up again!

Now, who’s next 😆

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Couldn’t get the GIF to work but here’s the other one I wanted to share:

You can’t actually “Scrooge McDuck” into a swimming pool of gold. It’s a solid and would likely result in serious injury, broken bones, or death!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Or when you get stuck in a zoom with a “Meeting Macho”, i.e. someone who thinks that attending meetings is actually work and not endless engrossing “bable a thons”, i.e, hot air balloon blow up contests with inflated self esteems, egos and massively optimistic estimation of one’s IQ. I have witnessed two of these webex Neanderthals actually comparing calendars to see who had more meeting invites, reminiscent or more innocent times of comparing caught fish photos after a vacation.

On the bright side with virtual you can turn off the camera and make faces mixed with various hand gestures added in for spice :). Back when I was young in the old days of real meetings you had to strain at keeping you face muscles in “this is really interesting” posture mode. Ah progress !!! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

OMG let’s not go down the Xmas thing.  🤣

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

If you live long enough, you eventually become an orphan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Monday is only two days after Friday...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

These are great ones, keep them coming!

The person you speak to most in your life, is yourself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.

Xun Kuang

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don't have a depressing Friday fact but the swimming pool filled with gold made me think: which pool would you rather dive into. One filled with Jello or one filled with pudding?

Comment