Friday Funday: Christmas is coming!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey guys!

As promised, I’m starting a Friday Funday thread! This is completely and totally off topic space. 

Let’s share Christmas pics, decorations, trees, first snow, and everything around New Year and Christmas theme! :christmas_tree: :sparkles::ribbon:

17 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Okay, I will be the first :blush:

Usually, I would take some time off and travel for Christmas and NY holidays, and honestly, I don’t remember when was the last time I have been at home for winter holidays (so, I never decorated my apartment!)

And this year, since there is no travel nowadays...I thought, why not? :blush:  :christmas_tree:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I used to manage my own internal IT team, due to the physical lift/shift work involved my team would always be wearing scruffy clothes, whilst the rest of the office was smart dress/suits. My first Christmas jumper day I decided to turn it on it’s head and dress smart whilst they all dressed down and purchased this:

Every year since I’ve had to try and top it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

:smile::smile::smile:

Well, @eprieto, while you don’t have snow, you should have your Christmas tree anyway, right?  

Our Christmas is very hot ... maybe 95 ° F:fire: or more :santa: ... This year my twins daughters wanted to decorate the Pine tree in our Garden hahaha :yum:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Haha, there is a little bit in the cup (it is a white hot spiced wine) and the rest is in the blue thermos flask. :grin:

The white one was new to me, too - but it was very good. Even better than the red one - which was gone before the photo was taken…. :thumbsup_tone2:

The spirits were a goody on top from the winemaker...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Kseniya , yes, all ingredients are delivered in advance There were even two cups included :grin:

All you have to do is to mix the ingredients and warm the whole thing before the online meeting.

In the online video session the presenter gives some information about the wine, the winemaker and the wine-growing district. Then some conversation between the participants takes place how the wine tastes for each one.

It was really fun. It’s not a substitute for an visit on the Christmas market, but nice… :christmas_tree:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Corona time brings new Advent activities… :grin:

An online “hot spiced wine” tasting (do you say so in englisch? In German “Glühwein”)

Very tasting and cozy :santa_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@eprieto nice! last two years I traveled to Mexico for New Year holidays, and Christmas trees there looked quite similar to yours! :smile:  Covered in sunshine! :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, it is not friday, but this is too funny to me….

The FAA made some improvement requests to Santa’s slate.

As this was very complicate to accomplish before Cristmas he will now drive the new Bentley “The Reindeer Eight”. Very comfortable (Santa is not the youngest anymore) and fast - so all presents will be delivered at time.

Rudolph is on board, too :grin: He is the golden mascot on the hood...

https://www.bentleymedia.com/en/newsitem/1172

Happy Christmas to all and have a nice an healthy year 2021.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Okay, I will be the first :blush:

Usually, I would take some time off and travel for Christmas and NY holidays, and honestly, I don’t remember when was the last time I have been at home for winter holidays (so, I never decorated my apartment!)

And this year, since there is no travel nowadays...I thought, why not? :blush:  :christmas_tree:

It look very cute !!! 

I leave here my :santa:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

:smile::smile::smile:

Well, @eprieto, while you don’t have snow, you should have your Christmas tree anyway, right?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Here it is very classic, I would say … :kissing_closed_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

hey @JMeixner, that Glühwein tasting looks great! and how does it work? do you receive all ingredients in advance which you have to mix online? :smile:  

It is actually pretty cool! :wine_glass:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hahaha, this is hilarious, @JMeixner!

And not bad for Santa at all! :smile:  I also love that Rudolph is on board! :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is hilarious, @MicoolPaul! 😄 

We just discussed earlier today with @Rick Vanover funny Christmas sweaters (and I have one!). But your costume beats it all! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Corona time brings new Advent activities… :grin:

An online “hot spiced wine” tasting (do you say so in englisch? In German “Glühwein”)

Very tasting and cozy :santa_tone2:

Hmm … where is the wine? I just see spirits :thinking:

:smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That’s great, @JMeixner, thank you for sharing! I would definitely try something like that :blush:

I’m also curious if somewhere in France they do online wine tasting with wine samples (maybe even paired with cheese?) delivered beforehand! Considering how many wineries they have and wine festivals and all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hehe, there are several offerings for online wine tastings (even with cheese) in Germany.

Comment