Solved

Exchange online not receiving activation code from veeam.com

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I have a problem when i try to restore password or create a new account to veeam.com, i am not receiving email in O365.

When i test this with gmail account it works fine. I have checked this with more than one O365 organizations. 

From the O365 admin center side it seems like the message has never been received.

thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by regnor 2 December 2022, 14:33

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dimitris Parzigkas! So far I didn’t notice any problem with receiving those emails on Exchange Online. Also just tried to reset my password and it arrived almost instantly. Do you maybe have a third party email security solution in place, which could block or delay those emails?

Userlevel 1

Hello @regnor , thanks for your fast reply, no i have not any third party email security. I have noticed this issue yesterday when i tried to create an account for a customer. After that i tried to restore my password just to check and i didn’t receive anything. with my gmail everything works just fine.

I though maybe something has changed from microsoft side and is a known issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

My Business Email is a O365 account, too.

Up to now I got all notifications and activation mails from Veeam...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That's odd, especially as you don't see the mails in message trace.

If you have an account which still can access my.veeam.com then I would suggest to open a case with the Webteam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That is odd as my email as well is O365 for our organization.  Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dimitris Parzigkas Are you now able to receive the emails or are you still having problems?

Userlevel 1

Hello @regnor , I open a case for my customer and they send me password reset link so we managed to log in to his account. The problem is also solved for my company and works fine now.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Good to know @Dimitris Parzigkas. There was someone else who had problems with EXO, so perhaps it was a general issue with Veeam or Microsoft.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

A colleague of mine had the same problem today, I do not believe in coincidence… I suggested to open a case.

Comment