Solved

Evacuate Object Lock immutalbe extent

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi,

Whats the best practise evacuate an extent with immutalbe backups?

I need to evacuate an extent from an object lock repo with 7 days immutalbe backups.

I put the extent in maintenance and started the evacuation. What happens with die immutalbe backups? They will stay on the locked repo?

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 9 June 2022, 08:47

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do you not require also another extent with the immutable attribute as well to evacuate?  If the other extents were not I don't see how you can move them unless they copy as Wolfgang noted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

When I remember right, backup files get copied, but not moved - because of immutability.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Ahh I got confused when I saw the magic word “object”, yep if the performance tier extent’s backups haven’t had their immutability flag expire or manually removed,they aren’t going anywhere!

Userlevel 5
Badge

If the immutability period hasn’t expired, nothing can happen with them.

You can also only have one capacity tier extent in a SOBR as of v11 (changing in v12), so you can’t evacuate from capacity tier at all, only from performance tier.

It is a performance tier. its a local linux repo. so if i evacuate 7 days of immutalbe will stay on the extent i guess. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If the immutability period hasn’t expired, nothing can happen with them.

You can also only have one capacity tier extent in a SOBR as of v11 (changing in v12), so you can’t evacuate from capacity tier at all, only from performance tier.

Comment