Solved

Error pushing agent to windows server 2012 r2

Userlevel 2

Morning all,

Am getting this error when trying to push agent to win svr 2012 r2 :

Error 1920. Service <display_name> (<service_name>) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I have tried the solutions given in KB1059 but still fails, anyone with idea how to solve this?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Iams3le 23 May 2022, 11:22

View original

18 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you usimg a domain account or a local account?

Has the account access to the system shares on the target system?

Userlevel 2

Morning all,

Am getting this error when trying to push agent to win svr 2012 r2 :

Error 1920. Service <display_name> (<service_name>) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I have tried the solutions given in KB1059 but still fails, anyone with idea how to solve this?

Regards,

@JMeixner i have tried both

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

OK, these two topics are often the cause for this problem.

Which version of the agent are you trying to push to the target system?

Userlevel 2

am pushing from VBR v11 so i guess it should be the latest 5.0.3

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, there are several patch level of V11. The latest is V11a P20220302.

Did you see kb4142? There is a neccessary patch for Windows 2012 mentioned. The agent version mentioned in this article is not the latest, but perhaps give it a try.

https://www.veeam.com/kb4142

Userlevel 2

Yes we applied the patch

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

🙂 Then you should open a support case with Veeam

You can do this even if you are using community version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kip_ke 

• Have you restarted the sever and resumed installing agent?
  • What errors are or logged in the server event viewer when you try to install agent?

Can you past on the error?
Thank you m8

Userlevel 2

Hello M8,

Attached the errors

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you confirm you followed the KB that @Link State mentioned?

If so, can you check for logs in C:\programdata\veeam as these should be most relevant.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Kip_ke, kindly take a look at this guide: https://www.veeam.com/kb1059. All what have been suggested and many more possible solutions are available in the guide. Some of which are

• Restart pending on the server due to applied windows update
  • Antivirus may be preventing the service from starting. See KB1999 etc
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Iams3le that KB is for VBR whereas this seems agent related, but the KB does link to KB4142 which is more relevant for agents. The error is the transport service not starting based on those screenshots too.

We need more info!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Furthermore, 1920 error code that means that the service refused to start! I will advise re-entering the password in the service's log-in information. Here is an example on how this is done: https://techdirectarchive.com/2022/02/24/no-connection-can-be-made-because-the-active-machine-rejected-it-an-exception-occurred-in-the-service-when-handling-the-control-request-error-1064/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Iams3le that KB is for VBR whereas this seems agent related, but the KB does link to KB4142 which is more relevant for agents. The error is the transport service not starting based on those screenshots too.

We need more info!

Ops! Thank you very much for pointing this out. I was focused more on the error code as possible suggestions mentioned could help him resolve it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And he said that he has applied the patch suggested in KB4142 😀

So, we definitely need more information 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And he said that he has applied the patch suggested in KB4142 😀

So, we definitely need more information 😎

I agree with you😀! Good to know some of these have been suggested before. We need to hear from @Kip_ke on how he is resolving this generic Error 1920 code! This is very vital…  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If anything else was already did, this seems an error that got resolved just by reboot server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kip_ke 

• Have you restarted the sever and resumed installing agent?

If anything else was already did, this seems an error that got resolved just by reboot server.

😜

Comment