Copy Files to Azure with Veeam

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello everyone!

I have a case here that is about to copy some files on a Linux machine to a blob on Azure.

These files are not generated by Veeam.

So, I just like to know if it possible to take this files and upload to Azure through Veeam B&R.

What you think about it?

Any idea or tips?

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Backup the files with a standalone Veeam Agent for Linux or a server based agentjob to a scale-out repo and migrate them to azure.

Or do you want to send single files to Azure?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Backup the files with a standalone Veeam Agent for Linux or a server based agentjob to a scale-out repo and migrate them to azure.

This would be my default workflow for such a request :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Totally agree with @JMeixner  !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Totally agree with @JMeixner  !

I third that. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I don’t necessary need to backup theses files because they are file generated by 3rd party backup software.

How can I see File Copy on Veeam is not an option.

:slight_frown:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@wolff.mateus , with file copy on Veeam, you don’t have the possibility to have restore points, it just copies the content of a folder or files to another location… I use it only for a copy of the configuration backup, because there is no built-in possibility to have multiple copies of the configuration backup to different repositories...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, the file copy option is not ideal. It copies simply all files in  a folder and does not delete at the target side if files are deleted at the source side. So files are accumulating at the target side.

I replaced the Veeam file copy with a robocopy command for the configuration to avoid the accumulation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@JMeixner , correct regarding the accumulation ;-) !

Comment