Solved

Community Hub vs R&D Forums?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can someone please explain the relationship between this Community Hub and what’s now called Veeam R&D Forums? The email from there said “all of your existing forum posts will be counted towards your Veeam Legends score as soon as the corresponding integrations are put in place”. How will the two accounts be linked to do that?

When I first logged in here, some saved credentials were in the username and password. Same username I use for the main website, so I clicked to log in, and it worked. But I use different credentials for the forum.

And if my main website credentials worked here, are they actually linked? If I change the main website password, does that change it for here?

icon

Best answer by Kseniya 27 October 2020, 11:37

View original

18 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @pshute2,

Great questions! Please, take a look at the answers below:

• Community Hub is connected to veeam.com and My Account 
  • That means you log in to Community Hub with a single ID and password that you’re using at My Account at veeam.com, you can access several systems with these credentials e.g. Community Hub, Veeam University, etc.
  • Veeam R&D Forums isn’t connected to My Account at veeam.com, that is why you’re using different credentials there
  • Once integration between Community Hub & Forums set up, you will be getting points for contribution at Veeam R&D Forums

Let me know if you have any other questions - happy to help! :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Once integration between Community Hub & Forums set up, you will be getting points for a contribution at Veeam R&D Forums

Do you have an estimated time frame? For example, do we expect it for this year?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @haslund, we’re working on that! Once it’s ready, we will announce. Stay tuned for news! :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Integration would be awesome. I‘m Looking forward to it :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Apologies for stirring this old thread, but I’d like to avoid posting an exact same question. I’m a bit confused regarding what goes where. For example, where should one ask for say handling Veeam day-to-day issues, architecture design, implementation worries etc?

Where should one look for/post at howto’s?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

as I understand it the R&D forums would be the best place to allow the Veeam R&D/PM/Support teams etc  to get visibility of your requests/issues/comments ..heck even Gostev has been known to contribute to discussions.

This community site is just that, more based around community support/contributions. I know there’s a couple of Veeam staff who do frequent this site, but not as wide or far reaching as the R&D forums.

Or have I picked it up all wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @cosmik and @Cragdoo ,

I would say that for Veeam day-to-day issues like support, community engagement, perspective, collaborations, access to blogs and discussions, events, Veeam partners, ideas, discussions around new features etc use Community Hub. 

Architecture design, implementation worries , feature requests ,discussions around new features go to R&D Forums. 

Best,

Madi

Userlevel 4
Badge

Roger that @Madi.Cristil . For what is worth though, I think that removing support-related discussions/questions from the forums might neuter them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Roger that @Madi.Cristil . For what is worth though, I think that removing support-related discussions/questions from the forums might neuter them.

Some of the activities would be similar, of course. People have their preferences regarding the platform, others use both. So it is up to the individual. From my point of view, a Legend and a Vanguard (Veeam 100) should keep an eye on both and always be aware of what's latest on both. 

Madi    

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@cosmik@Cragdoo@Madi.Cristil 

That @Geoff Burke must be a mind reader. He posted in the Blogs and podcasts channel about this last night. Scary. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That @Geoff Burke must be a mind reader. He posted in the Blogs and podcasts channel about this last night. Scary. 😉

Wow! 😮

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That @Geoff Burke must be a mind reader. He posted in the Blogs and podcasts channel about this last night. Scary. 😉

agreed ….. Geoff is scary ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just to add my voice to this:

I’ve always felt the R&D forums are more of a customer & vendor relationship. You don’t ask for help on there without a support case, you ask for features etc. As a result, I feel like I’m less likely to be involved in a topic that isn’t my own, whereas the Community Hub is just as it’s called, a community, it captures peer to peer discussions, contributions, and questions, whereby Veeam can also engage in the conversations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just to add my voice to this:

I’ve always felt the R&D forums are more of a customer & vendor relationship. You don’t ask for help on there without a support case, you ask for features etc. As a result, I feel like I’m less likely to be involved in a topic that isn’t my own, whereas the Community Hub is just as it’s called, a community, it captures peer to peer discussions, contributions, and questions, whereby Veeam can also engage in the conversations.

Great point, @MicoolPaul !😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

agreed ….. Geoff is scary ;)

Use the Force Burke!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Forums = Formal, Hub = Pub :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

As a long time member of the forums, I do see a lot of community help over there too.  But it’s a combo of some support members jumping in as well. Sometimes they will ask for a case depending if it’s essentially someone trying to get a support ticket handled. 

If you have questions such as needing help creating a script, architecture, understanding of something it is a great place to go. Feature requests are also often implemented if an idea is brought up enough there. Some of the tape support guys have been very helpful to me over the past few years chatting in there. 

The community hub has a much more relaxed vibe and I enjoy it here. The blogs section is really cool which doesn’t exist on R&D either.  

I learn a bunch from both sites and use them both to see what people are up to and try and help where I can. I have learnt quite a bit clicking on posts that didn’t seem to involve me at first glance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As a long time member of the forums, I do see a lot of community help over there too.  But it’s a combo of some support members jumping in as well. Sometimes they will ask for a case depending if it’s essentially someone trying to get a support ticket handled. 

If you have questions such as needing help creating a script, architecture, understanding of something it is a great place to go. Feature requests are also often implemented if an idea is brought up enough there. Some of the tape support guys have been very helpful to me over the past few years chatting in there. 

The community hub has a much more relaxed vibe and I enjoy it here. The blogs section is really cool which doesn’t exist on R&D either.  

I learn a bunch from both sites and use them both to see what people are up to and try and help where I can. I have learnt quite a bit clicking on posts that didn’t seem to involve me at first glance. 

Great input, @Scott ! Thank you 😊 

Comment