Question

Cleanup Backup copy job data already offloaded

• 19 September 2022
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 1

Trying to clean up data from an old backup copy job, after deleting the backup copy job.

It’s now showing under Disks(Orphaned) and Object Storage(Orphaned) - All needed restore points are available from Capacity tier(Azure Object storage). No more restore points are available to move to Capacity tier(because all have been moved already).

Still multiple TBs are stored on the Performance tier, but if I select Delete from Disk, it tells me it will delete the dependent restore point also in the Capacity tier…? There are 3 restore points available on Performance tier, and 60+ on capacity tier.

I would like to keep all restore points in Capacity tier until I manually delete them according to retention policy. Can I say Yes to this, and still have restore points available from Capacity tier?

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Could it be this setting, that should be lowered(or waited for) and then VBR automatically cleans up the Performance tier:

Yes you probably are going to have to wait the 30 days as noted in that screenshot for things to clean up.   You can try lowering it based on the dates you have to see if cleanup takes place and then put it back to 30 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You say “ No more restore points are available to move to Capacity tier”, so perhaps the restore points in the performance ties belong to an active backup chain. This cannot be moved to capacity tier….

Did you try “Copy to capacity tier”?

Userlevel 1

You say “ No more restore points are available to move to Capacity tier”, so perhaps the restore points in the performance ties belong to an active backup chain. This cannot be moved to capacity tier….

Did you try “Copy to capacity tier”?

Job has been deleted, so there should be no active backup chain?

All restore points are in the Capacity tier.

Performance tier:

Capacity tier:

So it seems all Performance tier points, have been offloaded/copied to object storage. I would just like to clean up the Performance tier and keep the Capacity tier.

Userlevel 1

Could it be this setting, that should be lowered(or waited for) and then VBR automatically cleans up the Performance tier:

Comment