Solved

Choose an operating system

Userlevel 4

I installed Veeam agent for Microsoft Windows on Hp Pavillion g6 Laptop of Core i5, 1 terabyte, 12 gig ram which runs on windows 10 enterprise, version 10.0.19043 with system type of x64-based pc, It was successful upon installation and a full successful backup.

When i tried to reinstall the entire system using Veeam recovery media which I created, prior to when I started the installation, I encountered an error which says

“OS disk in backup uses MBR disk. This may cause boot issues on UEFI systems”,

which I resolved using https://www.veeam.com/kb3156 which actually solved the problem of 

“OS disk in backup uses MBR disk. This may cause boot issues on UEFI systems” 

after restarting my pc, everything happens to be fine until I turned my PC off,

Upon turning my PC on again, I saw an error saying

“Choose an operating system”, Meaning that I now have two (WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE on volume 4)

1. What could have caused it?
  1. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 26 May 2021, 13:14

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 4

Without seeing your exact steps I don’t know how this was caused, but you can edit the options listed within System Configuration in Windows.

Open RUN

Type in msconfig and hit enter

Then navigate to the boot tab and remove the wrong one, be VERY careful about this!

it has been resolved. thank you @MicoolPaul @JMeixner and @coolsport00 thank you!

To the wonderful community, thank you all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@allezyyoung ...hey there. For this issue, I actually recommend reaching out to Veeam support, if you have a support agreement. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have encountered a similar issue. Otherwise, support would be your go-to.

Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Without seeing your exact steps I don’t know how this was caused, but you can edit the options listed within System Configuration in Windows.

Open RUN

Type in msconfig and hit enter

Then navigate to the boot tab and remove the wrong one, be VERY careful about this!

Userlevel 4

@allezyyoung ...hey there. For this issue, I actually recommend reaching out to Veeam support, if you have a support agreement. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have encountered a similar issue. Otherwise, support would be your go-to.

Cheers.

thanks for your response 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What version of the agent are you using.

There was an incompatibility with this Windows Version which was fixed with VBR 11 Path 20210507.
But I did not find anything about the agent.

So, Please contact support as @coolsport00  mentionend.

Userlevel 4

What version of the agent are you using.

There was an incompatibility with this Windows Version which was fixed with VBR 11 Path 20210507.
But I did not find anything about the agent.

So, Please contact support as @coolsport00  mentionend.

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 5.0.0.4301 - Free Edition

Userlevel 1

hello

Userlevel 4

hello

welcome @Ismael 

Comment