Solved

Can I filter backup jobs that don't have a secondary backup destination (backup copy)?

• 16 December 2020
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 3
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 7 comments

Hi!

I need to select in Powershell all backup jobs that do not have a backup copy associated yet.

They are vCloud backup jobs.

The complete task, just to give you a better understanding, involves checking if every backup job on a pre-filled list (not all backup jobs are on the list) has a backup copy.

I’m looking for a properties  or anything else you could suggest.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 16 December 2020, 18:33

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 3

Hello,
I don’t have cloud copy jobs, but I think this will be similar for them as for the VM or BackupJob copy jobs…

I don’t see the copy jobs in the Backup Jobs, but I can list the source Backup Jobs in the copy jobs. So you can create a list of all backup jobs that are copied by copy jobs. and the compare this list with your list of backup jobs….

$job= Get-VBRJob -name “CopyJob Name” $workerJobs = $job.GetWorkerJobs() foreach ($workerJob in $workerJobs) {      $workerJob.TargetFile }

Thanks!

I’ll give it a try!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello,
I don’t have cloud copy jobs, but I think this will be similar for them as for the VM or BackupJob copy jobs…

I don’t see the copy jobs in the Backup Jobs, but I can list the source Backup Jobs in the copy jobs. So you can create a list of all backup jobs that are copied by copy jobs. and the compare this list with your list of backup jobs….

$job= Get-VBRJob -name “CopyJob Name” $workerJobs = $job.GetWorkerJobs() foreach ($workerJob in $workerJobs) {      $workerJob.TargetFile }

oh, very useful !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello,

$job= Get-VBRJob -name “CopyJob Name”

$workerJobs = $job.GetWorkerJobs()

foreach ($workerJob in $workerJobs) {  

$workerJob.TargetFile

}

Comment