Solved

Can I close the Veeam B&R app

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

Since I am new to Veeam B&R, I faced an issue that if I close Veeam B&R app will the backup jobs schedule will execute or not ?

Because I observed that after clsoing the app Backup was not executed.

Please advise

Manish

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 19 April 2022, 15:04

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Manish, 

Is this the Veeam console you are closing? The backups should still run if the Veeam Console is closed. Additionally, are you able to provide more information on the backup job?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

They still will work as long as the Windows services are running. The app is just a GUI

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, as Michael mentions, jobs continue based off Windows services running, specifically, the Backup Service, as well as Transport and a few others, depending on your environment. Services are explained here.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am not aware as to whom you call console. But yes attached is the screenshot of Jobs of whom I talking. Days back as I close the GUI and then after I opened after few hrs I saw that schedule backup was not taken. Thats the reason I doubted that it might because of Veeam B&R app I closed.

Please advise as to which services and other stuff needs to be taken care so that even after I close the GUI backup will be taken as scheduled.

Manish

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That is the GUI/console in your screenshots, I don’t know why your backup job didn’t run, but the services are installed and enabled by default, so I wouldn’t worry about that unless you’ve specifically disabled them, which would stop the console connecting to the service anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The Backup Service is the main Windows service responsible for job runs on the VBR server. As long as it’s running, your jobs should run. If you shutdown your server or stop/disable Veeam services, then your jobs of course won’t run. If your job didn’t run, was it disabled by mistake? Was it set without a schedule?

Userlevel 4
Badge

On the Veeam B&R server what I see is that the Windows Backup service is on manual and not running. Shall I have start it with set as Auto ? Will this resolve my issue?

Backup jobs are scheduled to run. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes! Should already have been set to Auto. But yes...start it and set to Auto.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have done the same, closed the Veeam GUI and now I will monitor and see tomorrow if the scheduled backup has done or not.

Comment