Solved

Backup Email notifications

• 18 November 2021
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 3
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 6 comments

Hello,

I would like to know if we can process the emails sent from Veeam once a day (once the backup window has finished) and ensure we have 2 success emails for each job (one for the main backup job and one for the replication job stating the backup jobs and its status).

I would like to get an email daily that will mention all back jobs have been completed and its status (Successful, Warning or Critical).

EX. I have 12 jobs and from those 12 jobs I want 2 emails stating those 12 jobs (One for main backup and for the replication) and saying that those jobs have been completed successfully, have warnings or some critical. this is for the backup and replication jobs.

job 1 = back successfuly completed  or warning or critical
job 2 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 3 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 4 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 5 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 6 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 7 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 8 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 9 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 10 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 11 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical
job 12 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

I have tried to process these emails through power automate but I have faced a lot of difficulties.

Is There any way that we can configure it in Veeam? This is to avoid receiving many emails with all that information for each backup job.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 18 November 2021, 15:06

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Did you do the notification settings while configuring the job?

refer https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/backup_job_advanced_notify_vm.html?ver=110

Userlevel 3

I am going to check it as I have taken control on the systems now. Thank you for letting me know.

Userlevel 3

@Anandu  Even if you config the notifications, how can we make sure that we only receive one email stating all backup jobs and status and another for the replication backup jobs and status?

Here is where I am struggling as I do not want to receive one email per each job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

With the Veeam Enterprise Manager you’re able to generate daily summary reports. Perhaps this report will be sufficent: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/em/em_notifications_on_job_results.html?ver=110

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I know with VBR the email settings you can specify to wait until the final retry to send an email which would only send it once the jobs complete and/or fail.  Would be similar I think for replication jobs as well.

If the emailing from VBR is not a great solution then check what Regnor said or even investigate Veeam ONE for reports which are more customizable.

IT Monitoring Solution for All Workloads - Veeam ONE v11

Userlevel 3

I will have a look. Thank you very much for your support guys.

Best Regards,

Comment