Solved

About VeeamOne future

• 10 November 2020
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Is there any future vision to automate the remediation workflow right from VeeamOne?

icon

Best answer by eprieto 10 November 2020, 14:46

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there  mhmdadl - Interesting idea. So, the reality is the Remediation Actions in Veeam ONE can do this now.  This goes into the Art of the Possible, but it is really versatile what you can do when conditions are met. 

Maybe start with this video https://www.veeamanimal.com/veeamonewizard

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks for linking that Video, Rick.

The truth is you can make Veeam ONE do anything with a remediation action.

As Esteban pointed out, there are a number of out of the box remediation actions listed in the documentation.  Thank you so much for that great info, Esteban!

You can also create your own custom alarms, and remediation actions as well, which is my favorite thing to do :).

In this video, I created a custom alarm to watch my vSphere hosts, and when they failed, used a custom Remediation Action to trigger a Veeam Availability Orchestrator failover via VAO’s API.

Personally, I like to use PowerShell for my remediation actions, but the truth is that you can use anything Windows understands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Check it out :nerd:

Alarm Remediation Actions

To automate virtual and backup infrastructure troubleshooting, you can configure Veeam ONE to run remediation actions as soon as alarms are triggered.

NOTE:

To run remediation actions for the backup infrastructure, you must have Veeam ONE agents installed on connected Veeam Backup & Replication servers. For details on installing and configuring Veeam ONE agents, see section Managing Veeam ONE Agents of the Veeam ONE Monitor User Guide.

Veeam ONE offers the following types of remediation for alarms:

• Predefined actions that are configured for the most commonly used out-of-the-box alarms. For each alarm severity level, Veeam ONE can run only one predefined action.

For the list of alarms with predefined remediation actions, see Appendix C. Remediation Actions.

• Custom scripts that you can specify in the settings of any alarm. For each severity level, Veeam ONE can run one or more custom scripts.

You can select the resolution type for alarm remediation actions:

• Manual — when an alarm is triggered, you must approve the remediation action manually. This type of resolution is default for alarms with predefined remediation actions.
  • Automatic — when an alarm is triggered, Veeam ONE will automatically run a predefined remediation action or custom script.

Veeam ONE makes 3 attempts to run a remediation action or script. If the remediation is successful, the alarm status will change to Acknowledged. If for some reason Veeam ONE fails to run an action or script, the alarm will remain active.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/alarms/remediation_actions.html?x-clickref=1101lc546nXj&ver=100

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@vNote42 I wanted to let Veeam One able to perform actions and workflow if error happened for example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I guess it also depends on the error, or condition that makes you want to do something.

If you can script it, you can kick it off with Veeam ONE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I don’t have an answer to your question, but what do you mean by “emidiation workflow”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@vNote42 I wanted to let Veeam One able to perform actions and workflow if error happened for example.

Thanks, I was on the line.

Comment