Solved

About Veeam Orchestrator

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I want to try Orchestrator v4 but having trouble about "Recovery Locations". I can able to select "target storage systems" and "target datacenter" but when ı came to "target compute resources" could not see anything to select.

Env; vcenter 7 u3 and Netapp ontap 9.7.

Ps; ı was able to see hosts from one collect with vm's. Also can not see "compute resources" when ı select "restore" options.

Any idea why compute resources not showing ?

Thanks in advance,

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 12 October 2021, 20:05

View original

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @tncylmz,
vCenter 7 U3  is not supported with Veeam orchestrator V4 up to now.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vao/userguide/system_requirements.html?ver=40

Userlevel 1
Badge

thanks for quick respond :)

do you think that cause this problem ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I cannot say this for sure, but you are trying to use an unsupported environment. Supported is vSphere 7 up to U1. Update 2 was a big step for vSphere and U3 is not a small update, too.
So, who knows what will happen in this case… :sunglasses:

Userlevel 1
Badge

you are wright:) ı will try after downgrade vcenter and let you know :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yikes.  Hopefully that gets an update soon as the last chapter of my v11 book is VAO.  :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yikes.  Hopefully that gets an update soon as the last chapter of my v11 book is VAO.  :joy:

V7 U3 is not supported by VBR 11a either. So, no stress 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

No but it does work fine as I have it in my lab and backups are working. I have not updated my hosts to U3 yet until they update the USB NIC fling driver cause I use that so they will site on U2 until such time. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No but it does work fine as I have it in my lab and backups are working. I have not updated my hosts to U3 yet until they update the USB NIC fling driver cause I use that so they will site on U2 until such time. :smiley:

Ok, interesting to hear that it works with 11a. But I will not use for real workloads until it is official supported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

VAO 5.0 is around the corner (a few weeks until release).

I‘m really sure that it will support 7.0 U3, if there is no issue in testing by QA. We will know when it is released :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

VAO 5.0 is around the corner (a few weeks until release).

I‘m really sure that it will support 7.0 U3, if there is no issue in testing by QA. We will know when it is released :)

:fingers_crossed_tone2:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@tncy

Hello,

I want to try Orchestrator v4 but having trouble about "Recovery Locations". I can able to select "target storage systems" and "target datacenter" but when ı came to "target compute resources" could not see anything to select.

Env; vcenter 7 u3 and Netapp ontap 9.7.

Ps; ı was able to see hosts from one collect with vm's. Also can not see "compute resources" when ı select "restore" options.

Any idea why compute resources not showing ?

Thanks in advance,

Just to make sure - did you categorize any compute resources in Veeam ONE as describe din the help center ? Categorizing Resources - Veeam Availability Orchestrator User Guide

You can select the compute resources only based on Veeam ONE categorization which can be either manually created or be based on vSphere tags.

Comment