[What (else) is new in v12 - III] PowerShell news

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There are a lot of new PowerShell cmdlets for VBR alone - without agents and explorers. in v11 we have 1178, in v12 1334 cmdlets. So the list is too long to show here. Categories I could see:

• GFS scheduling options
  • Hyper-V Surebackup/Instant Recovery
  • CDP
  • Tape … I have to check separately :)
  • Application Groups
  • Oracle

Another nice feature is that we now can see PowerShell commands at the end of wizards.

In older versions we saw parameters for Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe.

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I love this!  It allows you to see how they structure the PS commands and also to copy them for use as well as learning. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I love this!  It allows you to see how they structure the PS commands and also to copy them for use as well as learning. 😎

Same here, and will make things easier to automate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Absolutely.  We get bonuses if we help automate things so I will be going nuts. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Structuring is great and the example commands are very good, too. The standalone Linux agent has this,  too.

I am waiting for better cmdlet supprt for the application plugins. As far a I have seen there are some included with V12. 😎👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great to see Powershell improvents 👍

Regarding the summary, I've always used it to get the job GUID in case a job got stuck; then you can kill the corresponding process. While it's much more useful to show a powershell command, where will I now find the GUID? I know the answer, via Powershell 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Structuring is great and the example commands are very good, too. The standalone Linux agent has this,  too.

I am waiting for better cmdlet supprt for the application plugins. As far a I have seen there are some included with V12. 😎👍🏼

Yes, they are!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Absolutely.  We get bonuses if we help automate things so I will be going nuts. 🤣

Great idea to get admins to script 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

like MS when install roles\feature DCpromo etc. nice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Great to see Powershell improvents 👍

Regarding the summary, I've always used it to get the job GUID in case a job got stuck; then you can kill the corresponding process. While it's much more useful to show a powershell command, where will I now find the GUID? I know the answer, via Powershell 🤣

Good point! For sure this was the fastest way to get GUID 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

like MS when install roles\feature DCpromo etc. nice!

Yes exactly like that as it brought back those installs. 😂

Comment