Veeam Products End of Support Reminder – 2023

• 10 November 2022
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It’s that time again to remind everyone that all good things run out of support eventually. The 2023 calendar year has the following products reaching end of support status for the following products.

February 2023

• Veeam Backup & Replication v10
  • Veeam ONE v10
  • Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows v4
  • Veeam Agent for Linux v4

March 2023

• Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV v2
  • Veeam Service Provider Console v4

June 2023

• Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris v2

July 2023

• Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator v3 (Formerly known as ‘Veeam Availability Orchestrator’)

September 2023

• Veeam Agent for IBM AIX

Dates To Be Defined:

• Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v5 (Formerly known as Veeam Backup for Office 365)
  • Veeam Backup for AWS v4
  • Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure v3
  • Veeam Backup for Google Cloud v2

As a footnote to this section, why do I say ‘dates to be defined’? This is because Veeam’s support for these products is based on ‘Next GA Date + 1 Version’ for the cloud protection products (AWS/Azure/GCP), and ‘Next GA date + 2 Versions’ for Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365. As Veeam don’t announce the release dates in advance (normally) for these products, at any point Veeam could release the next version, causing these versions to cease receiving support.

New versions for each of the above products are currently expected in 2023, so they will all cease receiving support at some point.

The Stages of Veeam Support

You may be thinking “I haven’t seen an update for a long time for these products, I thought it was end of life anyway”. That’s because Veeam have a two-stage sunset policy for support.

Stage One: End of Fix

When a Veeam product reaches end of fix, no further updates/patches or hotfixes are created for this as the general rule. In extreme case-by-case circumstances, an exception may be made. But you can still engage with Veeam Support for assistance on this version.

Stage Two: End of Support

This is the sad stage we find ourselves approaching now, at this point, Veeam Support will no longer provide assistance for these versions. However, don’t panic, as long as you have an active maintenance agreement and support the new minimum requirements, you can upgrade to the newer versions of these products at no extra charge!

Secret Stage Three: End of Life

The not-so-secret stage three is that after end of support, Veeam may still have the end of support versions available to download for a while, but once they’ve been pulled, they’re officially at stage three, end of life. At this point, downloads can only be acquired on an exceptional case-by-case basis from Veeam.

To find out more about the Veeam Product Lifecycle, check out the dedicated page here.

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the reminder @MicoolPaul. v10 can easily be overlooked as it doesn’t feel that “old” and did still receive updates this and last year after the end of fix date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MicoolPaul my! I forgot all about V10 reaching the end of fix status soon! Good post! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@regnor that’s a great point! The unexpected v10a patch that then necessitated waiting for v11a as an acceptable 10 to 11 upgrade path makes it feel a lot newer than it is.

But to really feel old. v10 released BEFORE COVID lockdowns (In the UK at least), so I blame the time warp that COVID caused as to why the aging feels so weird 😂

Thanks @vmJoe 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great share Michael and helps out those with versions expiring. Thankfully we don't have any of those. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for posting this...I just double checked my service provider console, and out of 21 tenants, 3 are still on v10.  Guess we’d better get those upgraded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for posting this...I just double checked my service provider console, and out of 21 tenants, 3 are still on v10.  Guess we’d better get those upgraded.

Happy patching, make sure it’s not over that Christmas break when everyone loves to rope IT into upgrades! 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Happy patching, make sure it’s not over that Christmas break when everyone loves to rope IT into upgrades! 😆

Good news...one of them is no longer a client and I was never notified so they've been deleted.  Down to two.....one for me and one for the engineer assigned to that account.  Easy peasy.....but considering waiting for the v12 release.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It’s that time again to remind everyone that all good things run out of support eventually. The 2023 calendar year has the following products reaching end of support status for the following products.

February 2023

• Veeam Backup & Replication v10
  • Veeam ONE v10
  • Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows v4
  • Veeam Agent for Linux v4

March 2023

• Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV v2
  • Veeam Service Provider Console v4

June 2023

• Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris v2

July 2023

• Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator v3 (Formerly known as ‘Veeam Availability Orchestrator’)

September 2023

• Veeam Agent for IBM AIX

Dates To Be Defined:

• Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v5 (Formerly known as Veeam Backup for Office 365)
  • Veeam Backup for AWS v4
  • Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure v3
  • Veeam Backup for Google Cloud v2

As a footnote to this section, why do I say ‘dates to be defined’? This is because Veeam’s support for these products is based on ‘Next GA Date + 1 Version’ for the cloud protection products (AWS/Azure/GCP), and ‘Next GA date + 2 Versions’ for Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365. As Veeam don’t announce the release dates in advance (normally) for these products, at any point Veeam could release the next version, causing these versions to cease receiving support.

New versions for each of the above products are currently expected in 2023, so they will all cease receiving support at some point.

The Stages of Veeam Support

You may be thinking “I haven’t seen an update for a long time for these products, I thought it was end of life anyway”. That’s because Veeam have a two-stage sunset policy for support.

Stage One: End of Fix

When a Veeam product reaches end of fix, no further updates/patches or hotfixes are created for this as the general rule. In extreme case-by-case circumstances, an exception may be made. But you can still engage with Veeam Support for assistance on this version.

Stage Two: End of Support

This is the sad stage we find ourselves approaching now, at this point, Veeam Support will no longer provide assistance for these versions. However, don’t panic, as long as you have an active maintenance agreement and support the new minimum requirements, you can upgrade to the newer versions of these products at no extra charge!

Secret Stage Three: End of Life

The not-so-secret stage three is that after end of support, Veeam may still have the end of support versions available to download for a while, but once they’ve been pulled, they’re officially at stage three, end of life. At this point, downloads can only be acquired on an exceptional case-by-case basis from Veeam.

To find out more about the Veeam Product Lifecycle, check out the dedicated page here.

Thx for the reminder @MicoolPaul !!! Really, it remembers me that I have to check the used versions at the customers… As @dloseke already mentioned : you can easily see this in the VSPC, but I also scripted that in our monitoring-tool

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

V10 feels so long ago now with V12 on the horizon.   I can’t even remember 9.5 these days lol. 

Comment