Veeam Certified Engineer 2021 Exam Released & Reviewed

Show first post

114 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Well done @Geoff Burke thats great news, in the interest of continuing this conversation, how did you find it?

Well, I gave myself only a week and had planned to study more but.. job/life got in the way. I was hoping that the Veeam 2020 would help too. It was not super hard but as always tricky. The recurring theme is you have to get hands on practice. Anyways, I would normally not have rushed this but Kubernetes is so big and there is so much to learn that I wanted to get this out of the way to free up more time. This has been done so I am relieved :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Congratulations @Geoff Burke ! I'm glad that your cat didn't get you failing the exam 🐱😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@MicoolPaul just passed it too. Almost a disaster as my cat for some reason decided to enter the room and if that door opens bang.. auto fail. luckily I had jammed the door but he made scratching sounds which I worried the proctor would think was morse code or something!!

Congratulations @Geoff Burke ! 

Hardly imaginable that a Veeam Legend would fail the exam because of a cat (Alfred!!). Kseniya would put in a good word for you! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@MicoolPaul just passed it too. Almost a disaster as my cat for some reason decided to enter the room and if that door opens bang.. auto fail. luckily I had jammed the door but he made scratching sounds which I worried the proctor would think was morse code or something!!

Congratulations @Geoff Burke ! 

Hardly imaginable that a Veeam Legend would fail the exam because of a cat (Alfred!!). Kseniya would put in a good word for you! :joy:

Yes I never thought of that!! ah the irony if it had happened :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Congrats @Geoff Burke! Well done! Good thing we had the cat under control :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Great News - at lest for me: Just passed VMCE 2021! :sunglasses:

Was less hard than feared!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Glad to hear Wolfgang!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Congrats bro! Goot to know, I’m afraid to try mine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congrats.  Working to do my VMCE2020 on Saturday August 7th then wait until the course for v11 to take 2021.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Any tips, tricks, etc. you can share?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks mate! Don't be afraid! When you work with the product each day, you have a good chance to pass!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Sure, some tips:

• No stress, 50 questions in 90 minutes (I guess there is no extra-time because of non native-speaker) → is fair.
  • Read the questions slowly and carefully.
  • Most of the questions should be rather easy to answer, when you work with the product.
  • Some questions are more tricky → spend some more time on it!
  • Try features you do not use often in lab before you take the exam.
  • Read about features you cannot try in your lab.
  • See @haslund resources:
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks mate! Don't be afraid! When you work with the product each day, you have a good chance to pass!

Congrats @vNote42, fantastic news!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Congrats @vNote42, fantastic news!

Thanks Michael!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sure, some tips:

• No stress, 50 questions in 90 minutes (I guess there is no extra-time because of non native-speaker) → is fair.
  • Read the questions slowly and carefully.
  • Most of the questions should be rather easy to answer, when you work with the product.
  • Some questions are more tricky → spend some more time on it!
  • Try features you do not use often in lab before you take the exam.
  • Read about features you cannot try in your lab.
  • See @haslund resources:

Awesome and thanks.  Yeah I work with Veeam on a daily basis most of my day so should not be too hard. Will see next week with VMCE2020 :yum:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Congrats @vNote42 . Thx for sharing the tips. VMCE 2020 was not that difficult but you have to use the product very often and exercise the things you are not using often. VMCE 2021 will be for end of this year or beginning of next year ;-).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Chris.Childerhose : Congrats and thanks for the tips !

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Congratulations Wolfgang 👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks @regnor @Inder @Nico Losschaert @Chris.Childerhose !

PS: missed that youracclaim.com is now credly.com 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I still haven’t tried any of the Veeam exams. Definitely not a bad idea at all.  Congratulation @MicoolPaul

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

VMCE2020 - booked for Saturday Aug 14th.  Time to start reading and practice testing.  Week after I have the v11 training course then will do VMCE2021.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

VMCE2020 - booked for Saturday Aug 14th.  Time to start reading and practice testing.  Week after I have the v11 training course then will do VMCE2021.

After your awesome book @Chris.Childerhose I feel like they should just give you the certification? 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

After your awesome book @Chris.Childerhose I feel like they should just give you the certification? 😂

LOL - yeah the VMCE2020 should be automatic.  :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

VMCE2020 - Booked for 11:30AM on August 14th.  Time to get reading some things and play around. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good luck @Chris.Childerhose, won’t be a problem. Normally I study and practice hard for the VMCE and VMCA exam, so should be confident, but always I have some kind of stress to be honest. Why? Because there are always topics one is not using a lot ;-)

Comment