Veeam at Tech Field Day 22 - Reflections by the Rickatron

• 14 December 2020
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Last week was Tech Field Day 22, and Veeam was happy to be back at this key Technical Decision Maker Influencer event. This was a great event and we were happy to be back, as a presenter it was a great thrill! Now that I had the weekend to think about it, I want to share a few reflections on the event exclusively here at the Veeam Community site.  

Let’s start with a video I made recapping the content of the event:

Now, I want to take a moment to explain the Product Strategy team's strategy for Tech Field Day overall.

Why does Veeam do Tech Field Day?

Straight Answer:              We are committed to ensuring technical decision maker awareness in all communities that align to Veeam’s interests.

More to the Story:           My team loves doing this. We love the thrill of live Q&A, live demo and other aspects that truly embrace the spirit of technical evangelism.

Who does Veeam bring to Tech Field Day?

Straight Answer:              For most situations, Tech Field Day events are delivered by Product Strategy team. In other events in the past, we’ve used Product Management and Product Marketing in conjunction with Product Strategy.

More to the Story:           The Product Strategy team has 3 mission statement charter objectives, including embracing technical communities.

What does Tech Field Day mean to Veeam?

Straight Answer:              It is a great way to spearhead our technical strategy to this very important community as well as put the technologies we love most out there for public awareness.

More to the Story:           We are committed to be entrenched, engaged or otherwise involved in the IT communities in which we operate. We also love the IT community, here at Veeam Legends, in Tech Field Day Circles, the Veeam Vanguard program, VMware vExpert, Microsoft MVP, Cisco Champion, NetApp A-Team and more.

How does Veeam engage at Tech Field Day?

Straight Answer:              We see good fits at Tech Field Day, Cloud Field Day and Storage Field Day. We love the variety of offerings that the Tech Field Day crew bring to the mix.

More to the Story:           We also have to balance product and capability milestones for the date of the event. For example, we are getting ready to release Veeam Availability Suite v11 – so now is the time to do a push for it. I also work hard to make sure I give many members on my team a chance to engage in these events if they are interested in it, it is a lot of fun.

When will we see Veeam back at Tech Field Day?

Straight Answer:              We are planning our 2021 spots as we speak, and we look at the forecast of events for next year. You can expect us at 2 or 3 events again at Tech Field Day in 2021.

More to the Story:           We are toying with the idea of going into a new type of Tech Field Day and the Tech Field Day crew have even told me they are considering new products to add – and I told them we would be a go for it!

Where can I replay Tech Field Day 22?

Straight Answer:             The Tech Field Day 22 website  has our sessions up from myself, Melissa Palmer, David Hill and Kirsten Stoner. 

More to the Story:           See the other thread here on the community. We had a very active session on Twitter, you can see the relative entries here.

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is the correct video:

https://youtu.be/yENRueyYDLM

Sorry for the confusion - coupled that with Google doing it’s thing LOL!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MicoolPaul!

Some YouTube videos are still in ‘up and down’ mode after outage yesterday (several Google services were down). I hope that will be fixed soon and all video previews will get back shortly!

At the meantime, here’s the link to video part for Rick’s recap :blush: : 

Jen Said …. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hah - I just realized I put the wrong video up anyways - will fix momentarily when I get to office.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@MicoolPaul Well, after yesterday’s outage - we have to! :smile::smile::smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @MicoolPaul!

Some YouTube videos are still in ‘up and down’ mode after outage yesterday (some Google services were down). I hope that will be fixed soon and all video previews will get back shortly!

Thanks, have you talked to Google yet about using Veeam as part of a multi-cloud resiliency strategy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @MicoolPaul!

Some YouTube videos are still in ‘up and down’ mode after outage yesterday (several Google services were down). I hope that will be fixed soon and all video previews will get back shortly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Awesome, thanks for sharing :) Getting Media not available on your embedded video btw @Rick Vanover .

Comment