VBR v11 patch P20210507 released (7.0U2 support)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12
  • On the path to Greatness
  • 1273 comments

Update: Patch 20210525 brings CDP support for 7.0 U2

The long-awaited patch for Veeam Backup&Replication v11, which brings support for vSphere 7.0 U2, has been released.

https://www.veeam.com/kb4126

It's important to note that CDP won't work with 7.0 U2 as there's a driver signing issue. So if you're working with Veeam CDP then you still should wait before updating.

Added VMware vSphere 7.0 U2 support including new vSphere API version awareness and virtual hardware version 19 compatibility. Note: CDP functionality is not yet supported with vSphere 7.0 U2 due to the I/O filter drivers signing infrastructure issue at VMware, support will be added in the next cumulative patch.

More information on the vSphere 7.0U2 support can be found in the forums: https://forums.veeam.com/vmware-vsphere-f24/vsphere-7-0-u2-support-t72668.html

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Fine, my VMWare admin colleagues will be glad, they have been anxious to update our productive environments for weeks. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So, it’s time to update my homelabing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Here’s a quick update from @Gostev regarding CDP:

The good news is that VMware did finally fix the driver signing issue and by now we've already tested the signed I/O filter bundle, so those of you using CDP functionality and needing to upgrade to vSphere 7.0 U2 ASAP can contact our support to get the U2-compatible CDP filter and installation instructions. Otherwise, you can just wait for the next patch where it will be included.

So if you need to urgently a) Update to 7.0 U2 and b) use the CDP feature, then contact Veeam support.

And I think we’ve already posted it here somewhere, but if you’re experiencing any performance issues with 7.0 U2 and network based transport mode (NBD) then you’ll have to switch to a different transport mode like virtual appliance (hotadd) or Direct-SAN.

Safe to assume this doesn’t cover ESXi 7.0 U2a? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Safe to assume this doesn’t cover ESXi 7.0 U2a? 

Hi @Shoeb Atcha

It does :) historically it has only been major releases and major patch versions that have required explicit support from Veeam prior to deployment as letter based patch releases are designated as bug fixes (and the community notices quite quickly usually when VMware have broken something else!)

As people have only just been given the green light by Veeam to now to use 7.0 U2 there won’t be much community feedback yet on whether there are any regressions within the U2a release

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Like @MicoolPaul say, normally minor releases don’t cause any problems with Veeam backup. But as always I wouldn’t hurry to find out if it works or not:wink:   If you haven’t heard any bad news after week or after the next R&D Forum Digest, then I would assume that there aren’t any problems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Also FYI, the Cumulative Patch is part of the Install ISO, in case anyone hasn’t yet installed v11 yet (like myself before last week 🙂). So, no need to download the ISO and Cumulative Patch...all you need is the ISO.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Nice shout above @coolsport00  -» Also note for GA installations, the same KB # is used. So note the build #11.0.0.837 P20210507 vs. previous run of the KB would be: 11.0.0.837 P20210324.

I updated the Upgrade Center with this earlier the week, nice shout @JMeixner  on the CDP stuff too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice shout above @coolsport00  -» Also note for GA installations, the same KB # is used. So note the build #11.0.0.837 P20210507 vs. previous run of the KB would be: 11.0.0.837 P20210324.

I updated the Upgrade Center with this earlier the week, nice shout @JMeixner  on the CDP stuff too.

Thank you @Rick Vanover, but I am afraid it was not me. The honour goes to @regnor  :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Nice shout above @coolsport00  -» Also note for GA installations, the same KB # is used. So note the build #11.0.0.837 P20210507 vs. previous run of the KB would be: 11.0.0.837 P20210324.

I updated the Upgrade Center with this earlier the week, nice shout @JMeixner  on the CDP stuff too.

Thank you @Rick Vanover, but I am afraid it was not me. The honour goes to @regnor  :sunglasses:

Whoops yes, but you both are awesome! CC @regnor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good Share @regnor :clap:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

thanks for sharing @regnor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have updated my post because Patch 20210525 now includes support for CDP with 7.0 U2.

Thanks @coolsport00 for posting it in the community.

Comment