Time to celebrate: Veeam Is Now The Tied #1 Data Replication & Protection Provider Worldwide!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just read the announcement of Anand EswaranVeeam Is Now The Tied #1 Data Replication & Protection Provider Worldwide! 

https://www.veeam.com/blog/number-one-data-replication-protection-provider-worldwide.html

Veeam has reached the status of being tied as the #1 provider worldwide during 2H’21 in IDC’s data replication and protection market.

Nice global data:

• #1 in EMEA
  • #1 in LATAM
  • #3 in APJ

A part for this great success is certainly also the strong community 😀

10 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It‘s a „tied“ #1, i.e. both Veeam and Dell are considered to be #1 because the difference in market share is less than 0.5%

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It‘s a „tied“ #1, i.e. both Veeam and Dell are considered to be #1 because the difference in market share is less than 0.5%

Shame on me! I missed this point completely. Thanks for clarification! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That’s awesome 😁 I wonder if Veeam includes Kasten?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That is amazing and hopefully they will be the only #1 soon and separate from Dell. 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes, as I understand it, IDC methodology has a rule that within a certain range of difference the result would be a tie.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I tried to find out, but couldn't find something. I guess it will!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I guess 1H’22 Veeam will be only #1 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I tried to find out, but couldn't find something. I guess it will!

One thing I’ll say is that IDC doesn’t track K8s backup as a segment specifically and put out market standings as such for that segment; but the revenue in which we were compared upon includes our Kasten revenue. So there’s that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Although the first place is shared with Dell, it's still nice to see Veeam being #1; really deserved 🥇

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Although the first place is shared with Dell, it's still nice to see Veeam being #1; really deserved 🥇

Highly agree. I started using Veeam from when it was version 5, and haven’t looked back since. Very well deserved.

Comment