The Veeam Custom Search Engine

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

I realised that nobody has ever mentioned the Veeam Custom Search tool on the community hub, and I wanted to make sure everyone knows that this tool exists.

http://vee.am/VeeamCustomSearch

Firstly, what is it?

It’s a custom search engine powered by Google that focuses on delivering results from the various Veeam resources.

The primary page of that link is deceptively simple, to the point you might think the page hasn’t loaded, you’ll just get a search bar that will present search predictions based on Veeam searches.

Once you’ve searched is where the magic happens, you’ll see results from a variety of Veeam focused sites. Such as the R&D forums, the Helpcenter, whitepapers, KB articles, news room, blogs, videos, GitHub, and success stories.

You can use this to filter down what type of content you’re after, and easily find what you’re looking for across the various sources of information that Veeam have available.

Give it a try the next time you can’t find what you’re looking for, it may be just a search away…

16 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks @MicoolPaul I wasn’t even aware it existed but will be a massive help

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing. I love this site and have used it many times before. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for sharing @MicoolPaul this is one of those secret weapon tools that @Rin likes to use and discuss!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks, Michael! I didn’t know this tool!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I wasn't aware about this site, too.

Thanks, Michael. 😎👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Never seen this before but seems to be a powerful tool. Maybe the Veeam community can be included in the search results some time?😉

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks for sharing @MicoolPaul this is one of those secret weapon tools that @Rin likes to use and discuss!

Rin does not just promote this she make this she and keeps it updated! 

-Rin

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing @MicoolPaul this is one of those secret weapon tools that @Rin likes to use and discuss!

-Rin

In which case, could we see the possibility of community hub added as another search option? 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

-Rin

In which case, could we see the possibility of community hub added as another search option? 🙂

+1 for that. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

-Rin

+1000

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

-Rin

Its on the list ;P

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

-Rin

Its on the list ;P

I have been working on it but since it is getting some light now I have updated with GitHub that actually works. Updated Video sources, BP SE documents, Official domain stuff, Hub, and success stories! Enjoy

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Wow that was quick. Thank you @Rin 👏

And it’s working very well 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That’s awesome! Thanks @Rin!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

That’s awesome! Thanks @Rin!

You might get a kick out of this. When you search something many times it pops up on my top search list. MicoolPaul has has 12 search's in the last week so you are now on the top for the year!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That’s awesome! Thanks @Rin!

You might get a kick out of this. When you search something many times it pops up on my top search list. MicoolPaul has has 12 search's in the last week so you are now on the top for the year!

Amazing! I’d love to say I only searched my name 10 times but I can promise it wasn’t me!!! 😆

Comment